Student Administration Officer
Advertiser: Angel United Group Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 May 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Student Services
St Peter Institute is a well-established, thriving independent Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and a CRICOS provider in operation for 10 years. We specialise in providing training and assessment for Business, Management, Accounting, Marketing & Communication, Project Management and General English qualifications.
An excellent opportunity exists to join our dedicated and professional Administration team based in Melbourne CBD. We are currently hiring for the role of Student Administration Officer.
The purpose of this position is to manage reception, student enquiries and office administrative duties daily. The Student Administration Officer will work very closely with the Admissions/Accounts/Records departments. The role will require daily use of PRISMS, exporting and creating Microsoft Excel reports, preparing letters on Microsoft Word, and overall office support and maintenance.
This position contributes efficiently and accurately to the facilitation of Student Support which ensures that all the process is done accurately considering all the legislative requirements.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Process CoE enrolment variations (Cancellations, Deferments, or Suspensions).
- Maintain student records in the Student Management System and student files.
- Ensure effective administrative procedures in accordance with legislative requirements
- Conduct Weekly Induction Presentation and provide student orientation
- Deal with student and staff related enquiries externally and internally
- Compile figures and reports and ensure all tasks and responsibilities are completed and meet deadlines
- Prepare and Maintain weekly and Monthly Reports
- Ensure all received student requests and documentation are accurate, up-to-date and in line with ongoing quality assurance and audit requirements.
- Provide backup support when any team members are away
The successful candidate will possess:
- Previous experience in a similar role – preferably from a CRICOS registered RTO will be an advantage.
- Spanish, Vietnamese, or Mandarin speaking candidate is preferred and highly favourable
- An understanding of the ESOS Act and CRICOS requirements.
- A high level of attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Familiarity with Wisenet or a similar Student Management Software
- A proven ability to successfully coordinate your workload, the ability to work autonomously and within a small department team
- Demonstrated experience working within a customer service experience focusing on support and service.
- Experience working in a RTO or educational facility is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to show empathy when dealing with students and other stakeholders.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an administration officer?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience working for a registered training organisation (RTO)?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs)?