Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Advertiser: Muscular Dystrophy Association of WAMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 May 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- $65,000 - $70,000 plus super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Assistants/Coordinators
We are on the lookout for an energetic, community–minded marketing, communications and events expert to join our passionate and progressive not-for-profit organisation.
As the Marketing & Communications Coordinator, it’ll be your job to assist The Brand & Communications Manager in developing and maintaining innovative and exciting marketing campaigns, clever communications journeys, fun and conversational social media channels, as well as maintaining our website and all publications.
On top of this you'll provide support for events and to the rest of the team to achieve our goals.
In the role you’ll:
- take ownership of day-to-day marketing admin, comms and event responsibilities and enquiries
- ensure the positive positioning of MDWA’s image and reputation with a focus on building understanding and support for the condition and its community, as well as influencing positive opinion and engagement from potential and existing stakeholders
- implement MDWA’s brand and messaging across all marketing and communications materials
- manage MDWA’s social media accounts, with a focus on expanding awareness of the condition and organisation and educating people on all things MD
- coordinate volunteers and their roles for events
- build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
- assist in delivering several fundraising and community events
- coordinate the communications journey for participants fundraising for MDWA
To be considered for this role you’ll need to meet some selection criteria, such as:
- a degree in marketing, communications or related field and/or relevant experience
- sound knowledge of media and PR activities
- experience running social media campaigns and managing the back-end architecture of the relevant platforms
- able to develop integrated communication strategies within complex environments
- proficient in content management systems and CRMs
- a creative flair with the ability to brief in designers for marketing collateral
- extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills (both written & oral – no spelling mistakes and perfect grammar)
- brilliant admin and organisational skills
- creative content writing
- strategic thinking
- skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- a passionate approach to work and a can-do, team player attitude
- the ability to learn but also take initiative
We’d also love it you have these skills under you hat (but they aren’t essential):
- design in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign)
- photo editing
- an understanding of the disability sector and not-for-profit human service environment
- experience in using Squarespace for website management
- delivery of trade marketing campaigns
- developing story lines for promotional videos
Muscular Dystrophy WA (MDWA) is a small organisation making a big impact. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for people living with neuromuscular conditions, whom we call our community.
We work with hundreds of families, helping them get the best support and services they need and connecting them to others with similar conditions, enabling them to lead full lives... we call it Support for Life.
If you join us, you’ll not only be making a difference to people in our community, you’ll also have a good laugh each day and be part of a small, friendly team who all look out for each other and step up to help out however necessary.
As a charity we offer attractive salary packaging options.
Applications can only be submitted by email – addressed to Brand & Communications Manager, Emma Kenton at email@example.com using the subject line: Marketing & Communications Coordinator application via Seek.
Applicants must include a cover letter addressing:
1. The overview of the role we've provided above and how you'd be a great fit
2. How you meet the selection criteria
3. Any other special skills that might be useful (such as our desirable criteria).
Please ensure your cover letter is no longer than 1 page and it is attached to your resume.
Applications close at midnight on Thursday 23rd June 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?