- Job Listing Date
- 20 May 2019
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Communications
Penguin Random House, the world's first truly global publishing company, is looking for a Senior Marketing Executive to join its Children's Marketing and Publicity team in North Sydney.
We are seeking an experienced senior marketing professional who will have a passion for promoting children's and young adult books. Reporting directly to the Director of Children's Marketing & Publicity, the role is responsible for creating and implementing marketing campaigns for international and local titles. This includes a diverse range of books, from beloved classics to debut authors, established brands and licenses to stand-alone non-fiction.
The Senior Marketing Executive is directly responsible for creating consumer marketing strategies that connect PRH titles with readers across evolving platforms, channels and networks. Working with global PRH offices to integrate plans across territories, this role will involve liaising with colleagues across the business to implement campaigns.
Key requirements of the role:
- Create campaigns that connect books with readers and range from year-long brand plans to individual title releases
- Demonstrate creativity and a willingness to share and hone ideas with a team
- Source advertising opportunities and book placements
- Conceptualise, brief, produce and check delivery of both consumer and trade marketing collateral
- Ensure that collateral is used to its maximum advantage and constantly look for opportunities to amplify its message
- Collaborate with publicity, sales, product and publishing to ensure campaigns achieve their best results
- Launch and plan key marketing events and activations and take a hands-on role in ensuring they’re well executed
- Evaluate the success of campaigns and feedback learnings and recommendations
- Demonstrate an agile approach to planning, and an ability to proactively address challenges and identify solutions
- Actively manage budgets and forecasts
- Monitor competitor activity and provide overviews of what is and isn't working in the market
Qualifications and/or Experience required:
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines and have a strong sense of urgency
- Experience with developing comprehensive campaign plans across all mediums
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels
- Passion for children's books and motivating children to read preferred
- Marketing degree or similar preferred
- Experience with children's brands and licenses preferred
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate an outgoing and friendly personality. This is a hands on and outcome driven role which requires a true professional.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a marketing executive?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?