Casual Medical Receptionist - Mascot, Sydney
Advertiser: MASCOT MEDICALMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 May 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
Casual Medical Receptionist, Mascot
Mascot Medical is an established doctor-owned practice conveniently located at Mascot Central/Etherden Walk across from Mascot Train Station. We are an accredited medical practice, with a team of health professionals dedicated to providing patients and their family with personalised, professional and quality healthcare across a wide range of medical and support services.
Duties to be performed:
- Open and closing of the practice
- Meet, greet and checking in patients and visitors to the practice
- Answering telephone calls
- Send and reply to emails and faxes
- Booking patient appointments
- Billing and receipting payment (private, third party, Medicare), including EFTPOS and cash handling
- Scanning reports and letters, and shredding paper records
- General housekeeping
- Miscellaneous tasks as required
- Adhere to strict patient, staff and practice confidentiality
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills and fluency in English (knowledge of other languages, including Mandarin is highly advantageous)
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as in a team
- Intermediate computer literacy, including use of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Suite
- Must have right to live and work in Australia
Desirable requirements (training will be provided to the right person):
- Experience with clinical software Best Practice, or similar
- Previous experience in a medical practice setting or similar reception/administration role
- Some flexibility with work hours - practice is open 6 days (Mon-Sat)
- Willing to provide leave cover, sometimes at short notice
Hours of work:
Monday and Thursday 4-7pm, regular hours
Additional hours as required (penalty rates applied for weekend work)
No public holidays
Starting from $28 per hour
If you have any questions or if this position interests, please forward your up to date cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of candidates, email contact is preferred. Please do not call the practice.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?