Advertiser: Plain English FoundationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 May 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Workplace Training & Assessment
We are the top plain English training provider in Australia with another opening on our growing team for a full-time trainer experienced in teaching adults. Our office is based in the Sydney CBD.
We’re looking for someone to become a plain English expert and teach our first-class writing tools to our public sector and corporate clients. You must already be passionate about clear communication and your own continuous learning, and able to meet the high standards we promise.
We test short-listed applicants on grammar and writing skills, and some technical skills directly relevant to the job. So experience as an ESL or English language trainer is often beneficial.
You need to:
- be an experienced trainer
- deliver full-day training a couple of days a week on average
- use PPT effectively
- present face-to-face training using our own top-notch materials
- be skilled in giving feedback to adult learners both in hard copy and one-on-one
- enjoy motivating adults to learn
- efficiently handle your related administration activities
- meet our high training standards.
You must also have:
- a university degree
- a certificate IV in workplace training
- fluent English
- an excellent knowledge of grammar
- MS Office skills, preferably with intermediate Excel skills
- enthusiasm for administrative tasks
- a valid driver licence.
We are a national training provider so you will sometimes need to travel out of Sydney for a couple of nights at a time. But you can be flexible with start and finish times on non-training days.
We mentor and support you in learning to present our training products, but you need the relevant adult training qualifications and experience before you join us. This job is not suitable if you run your own training business.
To be eligible for this position you must have an appropriate visa to work in Australia/New Zealand.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment?
- How many years' experience do you have in a training & development role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's your highest level of education?