- Job Listing Date
- 20 May 2019
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
At Penguin Random House Australia, we strive to be the best home for our authors and people, the most service-oriented partner for our customers and to put readers at the centre of everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Coordinator to join the Young Readers Publishing team, based in North Sydney. In this busy role you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Young Readers Publishing team including:
- Coordinating meetings and taking minutes
- Assisting with room bookings
- Updating and maintaining databases and systems
- Entering eligible books in literary awards
- Processing invoices and expenses
- Providing reports, sales data and costings
- Updating contacts lists
- Responding to internal and external inquiries
This role is largely administrative but will encompass a small amount of editorial support where required. This may include:
- Taking in and checking corrections
- Processing reprints, reissues and subsequent formats
- Picture research and seeking picture and text permissions
- Assessing manuscripts
We are looking for a highly organised and detail-oriented administrator, with strong time management and prioritisation skills. You will have a high standard of literacy, both verbal and written, and a passion for books for young people.
You will have strong interpersonal skills and will enjoy supporting a team. This role would suit someone with previous administrative experience, a love of reading and an interest in the book industry. You must be computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office.
If this sounds like you then we invite you to apply now. All applications must include a cover letter which outlines your suitability to the role.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications we may receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?