Advertiser: SLF LawyersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jun 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Law Clerks & Paralegals
Paralegal and Administrative Assistant
- Growing national boutique law firm with an exciting edge
- Based in Northbridge, WA
- At least 2 years’ experience in the same or similar role
- Autonomous role with excellent mentoring
- Fabulous work/life balance
- Opportunities to develop and make a positive ruckus!
We are a national law firm with an exciting edge, making a noise in the Melbourne market – some might say, a positive ruckus – and looking to recruit the very best people as we continue to grow our team.
Placing our clients’ needs front-and-centre is our focus; we aim to deliver bespoke legal advice coupled with exceptional customer service. Exceeding our clients’ expectations and never losing sight of achieving the right outcome for them, is what drives us to continually improve.
What about you? Do you have what it takes to consistently “bring the best version of you” to work, every single day? Are you highly capable and skilled? Do you want to join a business with an enviable workplace culture? More importantly, are you trustworthy and reliable? If you answered “yes” to these questions … we want to talk to you!
At SLF Lawyers, we consider our fabulous team to be our most important asset. That is why we continually invest in our people and their ongoing training and development. Due to steady growth and expansion, we now have an exciting opportunity for a (reasonably) experienced Paralegal with administrative assistant capabilities to join our Perth team. We also have offices in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne – yes, we are a truly national law firm.
Located in the Northbridge in stylish, modern offices, you will work as a key member of our team and bring a positive approach to the commercial recovery litigation work we conduct for our clients here in WA.
In this role you will have responsibility for:
- Delivering high quality, accurate work while managing deadlines and competing priorities;
- Working with a number of key clients;
- Taking carriage of commercial, financial recovery as well as insurance claims;
- Post judgment debt recovery and enforcement, namely bankruptcy, winding up, property seize and sell, garnishee, warrants and oral examination procedures;
- Ability to achieve both the client’s and firm’s aim in terms of recoveries, turnaround times in a methodical, efficient and professional way;
- Utilising client portals to advise client and update them on their matters;
- Assisting with establishing effective work practices to ensure budget and recovery targets are met;
- General administration such as softcopy and hardcopy filing, archiving, photocopying, scanning, emails;
- Running errands, attending courts to file documents and assisting with telephone calls.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- 2 years’ experience in a paralegal role with specific experience in commercial litigation and general commercial debt recovery;
- Client focused, have high integrity and a strong work ethic;
- Highly organised;
- Impressive attention to detail;
- A great telephone manner;
- Highly developed document production and proof-reading skills; and
- Ability to build strong working relationships both within the team, and with our clients.
Sound like you?
Not only is this a great opportunity for a Paralegal and administrative assistant who takes pride in their work, this role will see you working closely with senior lawyers in our business and hence receive valuable advice and mentoring along the way.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience to succeed with us – and perhaps more importantly, the right attitude and a strong work ethic – then please apply today with a covering letter and resume.
It’s time to make a positive ruckus! Come and talk to us.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have administration experience in the legal services industry?