- Job Listing Date
- 22 May 2019
- Gold Coast
- $30 per hour
- Work Type
- Information & Communication Technology, Web Development & Production
Autism Queensland provides specialised education, therapy and support services for people of all ages with ASD and their families. For further information please visit www.autismqld.com.au.
About Studio G
Studio G is a post-school transition program suitable for participants aged 16-24 years and consists of interactive workshops led by content experts that support young people with autism in transition to employment, training or further education by assisting them in the development of interactive media and gaming skills.
Autism Queensland has Studio G programs running in Brisbane, Mackay, Cairns and a new program will commence on the Gold Coast in July 2019.
Autism Queensland employs Content Experts (mentors) with experience in screen-based creative design and project development to lead participants on a journey of creative project development. The structure allows participants to grow at their own pace, with the assistance of their mentors.
Studio G mentors must have:
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and develop strong and purposeful mentoring relationships with young people
- Proven ability to support self-directed learning and individual, participant-led, project-based programs
- Demonstrated high-level knowledge of game development and design including experience with some or all of the following technologies: Minecraft, Steam, 3d design, Wings 3D, RPG Maker (XP & VX), Eclipse, Gamemaker, Unity3d, Blendit
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as a member of a small team
- Understanding and acceptance of the need to establish and maintain professional boundaries while promoting independence and social inclusion of participants
Candidates with relevant tertiary qualifications (or studying towards one) and current employment in an IT-related field will be highly regarded.
Candidates must also have (or be willing to apply for) a Blue Card and Yellow Card Exemption and also have a current, recognised Apply First Aid qualification.
This is a casual position, working Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1pm to 4:30pm based at the Creative Tech Hub, Helensvale Library.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in ICT?
- Do you have experience supporting or mentoring young people?