Accounts AssistantPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 22 May 2019
- Sydney, Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
This role is instrumental in up keeping financial reporting discipline and integrity, as well as continuous improvements within the business with support and training, working 5 days per week.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the Accounts Receivable function which would include reviewing new credit applications, cash collection and allocation and cash recovery
- Assist in the Accounts Payable function which includes performing cash book entries, processing staff expenses and maintaining the AP GL
- Drive the payroll process by organising monthly and fortnightly payroll and facilitating payments to staff reimbursement
- Ownership of statutory reporting requirements of small foreign subsidiaries and their respective local tax (FBT, BAS/payroll tax)
- Assist with Finance process improvement projects (continuously assist with improvement initiatives and internal control processes)
- Support the financial accountant in month end reporting
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Experience in a wholesale related company is preferred
- Commercial acumen and a strong commitment to timetable compliance
- Can-do attitude and be a fast learner
- Equip with SAP or IBS
The successful applicant will have the benefits of working with a close knit medium sized business, long term career growth and mentoring as well as enjoy some great staff discounts on some awesome brands.
If this sounds like a position you would be interested in, please apply using the appropriate link. We will reach out to shortlisted candidates within the next week.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an accounts assistant?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years of accounts receivable experience do you have?