E-learning instructional designer
Advertiser: Plain English FoundationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 May 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Up to $120,000 a year, pro-rata
- Work Type
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Training & Development
Want to be part of the next big thing? We need an experienced e-learning instructional designer to convert our highly successful, face-to-face training into e-learning.
We’re plain language specialists, and over the past 15 years we have trained almost 30,000 professionals in this critical skill. An outstanding 94% of participants rated our training as ‘excellent’ or ‘very good’.
Working with our subject matter experts, you will help convert our face-to-face training into e-learning modules that achieve the same (if not better) level of skills transfer.
You must be able to independently:
- develop effective e-learning concepts
- build functioning e-learning modules, using software such as Lectora Online
- create simple audio-visual elements like background images, using software such as the Adobe Creative Suite.
You will be responsible for project managing our e-learning program of work. This includes:
- delivering modules on time and to budget
- ensuring all modules meet our agreed objectives
- coordinating internal teams and (if needed) external consultants.
This is a 6-month contract position, which we expect to extend for the right person. The salary is up to $120,000 a year, depending on skills, experience, and your performance in our aptitude test. The yearly rate will be paid pro-rata for the 6-month contract.
You must have the skills listed under ‘The challenge’.
You also need to have:
- a relevant degree from an Australian university
- fluent written and spoken English
- at least 3 years experience in developing e-learning material
- experience in using adult learning principles, active learning practices, experiential and blended learning, and competency-based evaluations
- the right to work in Australia.
Great but not essential skills include:
- being able to create more complex audio-visual elements, such as an animated video
- familiarity with LMS platforms, especially Moodle.
We only review applications with a covering letter.
About Plain English Foundation
We are Australia’s top plain English training and editing provider, and a major contributor to the development of plain language globally. We are based in the Sydney CBD, but work with government, corporate and not-for-profit clients across Australia and internationally.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?