Assistant Accountant - 1 Year Contract Role - Immediate StartPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 23 May 2019
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
Headstart International Pty Ltd is fast becoming an industry leader in the distribution and manufacture of children's products.
Immediate start, fun company culture, varied and interesting work, opportunity to showcase your high level Accounting skills!
Headstart is one of the largest toy companies in Australia. We develop and distribute toys and lifestyle products under market leading brands such as Ooshies, Disney™, Baby Secrets, HairDooz and TMNT.
The future is bright for Headstart as we continue to grow our business along with our international presence. We are a company that values our fun and energetic culture, as well as our people.
We are currently seeking an experienced Assistant Accountant to join our dynamic and vibrant team.
About the role
Upon successful hire you will be responsible for:
- Preparation of daily bank reconciliations
- General ledger maintenance
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Processing month-end and year-end journals
- Assisting with year-end audit preparation and deliverables
- General Ledger Reconciliations
- BAS preparation
- Fixed Asset Register Maintenance
- Process improvement utilising new technologies
- Ad hoc projects
You will be well presented with a positive attitude and a pro-active approach to the role. Additionally you will have:
- Pronto or similar system experience ideal but not essential
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with people at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in a similar role
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- Have you completed a qualification in accounting?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?
- Do you have reconciliations experience?