- Job Listing Date
- 23 May 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Legal Secretaries
Established for more than 55 years, Barry.Nilsson. is a national law firm with over 300 staff and having a formidable reputation within its three areas of expertise: insurance & health, property & commercial and family law.
Our family law section is headed up by 6 well respected Principals and is recognised for providing quality advice, outcomes and service. The team handles a broad range of complex and challenging work for high net worth individuals.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an intermediate to senior level Family Law PA to hit the ground running by offering strong support to the team. The role is very hands on and comprises:
- extensive diary and email management
- client liaison including welcoming clients face to face and answering queries by phone;
- dictaphone typing and amendments;
- file management including opening/closing files;
- preparation / collation of briefs to counsel;
- coordination of travel and accommodation;
- electronic and hard copy filing;
- drafting basic correspondence;
- disclosure preparation;
- file management;
- Billing & invoicing including preparation of financial summaries and debt management; and
- general secretarial support as required
In taking on this role, you will enjoy the benefit of good resources, an "open door" policy, a friendly work environment and a competitive salary.
The firm has a very collegiate team environment and all staff are valued for their contribution. In recognition of this, all full-time employees enjoy every second Friday afternoon off. We believe that this displays our progressive approach and is indicative of the culture we promote.
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward your confidential application to the People & Culture Adviser, Simone Matthys via Seek.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a legal secretary role?