Marketing & Communications Manager
Advertiser: Diabetes SAMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 May 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Management
Marketing & Communications Manager
- Diabetes support services
- Permanent Full Time
- Western city fringe location
At Diabetes SA, marketing is about people. It’s about our members, our donors, supporters and the wider South Australian community. Its about how we develop relationships and engage.
In 2018, Diabetes SA undertook a year-long market research study with Flinders Business to inform the Association’s strategic direction and the development of a future business model that ensures the long-term sustainability of the Association and continuing relevance to our members and the South Australian community. Alongside of this work a new Diabetes SA brand and website was launched.
We are now seeking an experienced Marketing & Communications Manager to join our team as we embark on the next stage of our work. Bringing skills in the development and execution of marketing and communications plans and associated campaign development and management, you will be an individual who has a passion for marketing and communication, a commitment to innovative ideas and an ability to inspire others.
About Diabetes SA
Diabetes SA has been delivering services to people with diabetes and their families since 1953. As a not for profit, member-based Association that is largely self-funded, our mission is to educate, advocate, support and fund research that provides better outcomes for people at risk or living with diabetes.
Empowering people to live well with diabetes and raising awareness for those at risk is our vision for all South Australians.
Statement of Key Outcomes and Associated Activities
- Work with the Marketing Working Group to maintain a centralised approach to its marketing efforts by looking across the Association at all campaigns within Membership, Fundraising, Customer Service, Health Services, Research and Service Development and NDSS.
- Assist with the development of the Marketing and Communications Plan and the execution and delivery of the Plan to achieve strategic objectives/outcomes.
- Establish positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels and segments.
- Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration.
- Work with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis.
- Analyse customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies and gather customer and market insights to inform outreach strategies, increase customer conversions, and generate more qualified leads.
- Create, maintain, and conduct analytics reporting across multiple platforms and extract key insights for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies, complete with formal proposals and recommendations on tactics.
- Working in partnership with the Marketing Working Group, develop creative briefs and guide creative direction to meet objectives for all advertising and public-facing communications, including print, digital, and video assets.
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and vendors.
- Conceptualise and execute on multi-channel campaigns across the prospect and customer lifecycle, ensuring the alignment of communications and messaging across all channels.
- Present ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicate with senior leaders about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets.
- Identification and implementation of multimedia opportunities, online video, and content management.
- Management of processes for both internal and external job requests considering staff workloads and communicating turnaround times to internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Utilise online platforms to maximise marketing and communications opportunities.
- Develop content including webinars, online forums, and/or podcasts.
- Manage all copywriting, design, editing and proofing of all printed and online collateral to ensure accuracy of work and coherent production process.
- Responsible for consulting with managers in the development of publications and collateral for final approval by the Executive Manager Corporate Services.
- Ensuring timely production of publications and online content consistent with professional presentation standards, quality and corporate imaging and branding of the organisation.
- Liaison with production print and mail houses to obtain quotes to ensure high standards of print production and distribution.
- Review of pricing for past production and mailing to ensure the best price for the organisation is achieved.
- Manage the development and facilitation of e-newsletters.
- Working with external photographers to develop photography or videography briefs and the coordination of photoshoots with members and the public.
- Assist with the development of a Website Roadmap and the execution and delivery of the Roadmap to achieve strategic objectives.
- Responsible for leading a process for the review of the website and associated content.
Leadership and Behaviours
- Lead by example role modelling behaviour that supports the values of the Association.
- Inspire, motivate and support staff ensuring the trust and loyalty of staff to the Association, its aims and objectives.
- Be a passionate and effective advocate for people with diabetes.
- Ensure that all behaviours reflect and strengthen the Management team.
- Agree performance outcomes with staff and conduct annual reviews against these outcomes.
- Identify and facilitate training needs.
- Conduct regular formal/informal Business Section meetings as required.
- Promote understanding and encourage co-operation between Business Sections and staff reinforcing excellent staff relations.
- Ensure the Business Section works within established policies, procedures and work instructions as determined by the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Management.
Planning and Management
- Budget planning, preparation and monitoring to ensure appropriation, utilisation of expenditure within agreed limits including regular reports of achievements against budget.
- Contribute to the Association’s strategic review and planning process.
- Provide strategic advice to the Chief Executive Officer and Executive Managers on issues relative to marketing and communications.
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with a wide range of business clients as well as staff and customers.
- Highly developed spelling and grammar skills with an excellent eye for detail.
- Able to implement ideas and information into the design and content of communication tools.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of flair and creativity.
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills.
- Able to work to deadlines on a number of concurrent activities and projects.
- Able to embrace and utilise new technology.
- Able to work independently and as a member of the team to deliver agreed quality outcomes.
- Ability to analyse problems and formulate solutions relevant to the technology utilised within the job requirement.
- High level of understanding for computer systems and IT.
Diabetes SA supports professional development opportunities and salary packaging is offered.
If you are seeking a new challenge in a supportive and motivational environment, please apply via SEEK website by providing a covering application letter, including your responses to the key outcomes and your current resume. For further information and a copy of the Job and Person Specification please visit our website at https://www.diabetessa.com.au/Web/About_Us/Vacancies/Marketing_Communications.aspx
For further enquiries phone Matthew Casburn, Executive Manager Corporate Services on 8354 5844.
Applications close at 5pm, Friday 14 June 2019.
The successful applicants will be required to undergo a National Police Clearance and pre-employment medical. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- How many years' experience do you have in a marketing role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in marketing?