Compliance Consultant - Corporate & Financial Services
Advertiser: CompliSpace Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 May 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Banking & Financial Services, Compliance & Risk
About the Company
CompliSpace helps over 600 clients meet their regulatory and compliance requirements every day. We focus on interpreting and advising on regulatory obligations to comply with both the law and industry best practice for commercial and financial institutions, ASX listed entities and some of Australia’s leading Not-For-Profit organisations. We also help schools and aged care providers meet their regulatory and compliance obligations.
By employing the highest calibre of people who are passionate about helping clients solve their Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) challenges and applying and developing their GRC specialist knowledge, we strive to provide the best innovative solutions for our clients.
We provide our clients with a range of GRC advice and solutions utilising technology in the emerging RegTech space. Our products and platforms are essential to what we do, but our people are what set us apart.
About the Role
We are currently experiencing rapid growth and require the services of a Consultant within our Corporate & Financial Services division, predominantly working with our ASX listed clients and clients in the financial services industry.
Your primary function will be to act as the lead consultant on client projects and maintain a portfolio of clients to:
- Provide policy and practical compliance and risk management expertise with respect to our key practice areas utilising our products and platforms
- Facilitate the development of compliance and risk management frameworks both at board and executive levels as well as at operational levels
- Provide a range of consulting services to our clients, including:
- compliance, risk management and corporate governance advice; with an emphasis on its practical application by the client
- AFSL/ACL applications and variations
- AML/CTF Independent Reviews
- Develop and conduct in-house training and workshops
- Review and provide recommendations on Corporate Governance Statements
- Coach and collaborate on thought leadership initiatives and wider communication campaigns
- Lead and project manage new client GRC software implementations
About the Role
To be considered for the role you will need the following expertise;
- A tertiary qualification preferably in Law or Business/Finance
- A minimum 5 years' Compliance or Risk experience, ideally from a banking or financial services environment or large corporates, exposure to ASX Listing Rules advantageous OR a minimum 5 years’ experience in a compliance, legal, management consulting or GRC services role within the corporate or financial services industry
- Comfortable using a variety of technology solutions
- Good working knowledge of Australian corporate and financial services laws and compliance requirements
- Good working knowledge of compliance and risk methodologies and their practical application within Australian companies
- Proven experience in dealing with CEO's, executive managers and directors
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Other relevant qualifications will be looked upon favourably, such as Certificate IV in Compliance and Risk Management, Applied Diploma of Corporate governance, RG146 accreditation or other industry specific qualifications or certifications
About Success in the Role
Just as important are your personal characteristics. To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Be personable, confident and positive. Your strong people skills allow you to move seamlessly between dealing with top executives down to more junior staff across a number of sectors
- Have good relationship building and business management skills
- Have excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Be constantly striving for excellence with an uncompromising commitment to quality
- Be team oriented, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Have initiative, take ownership of tasks and enjoy client contact and coaching
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have a high level of organisational skills, attention to detail and perseverance
- Be a person who is challenged by the constantly changing regulatory environment and adapts quickly to this environment
- Be proficient in using technology systems, and be able to quickly learn new technology systems.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?