Advertiser: Steensen VarmingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 May 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
An exciting opportunity to work as part of a global team based in Sydney CBD, with part-time hours considered for the right candidate.
Steensen Varming is an award-winning global Building Services Engineering Consultancy with a Accounts Assistant position now available in our Sydney studio.
We work on a variety of exciting design projects both locally and globally. Our focus is on providing a collaborative, integrated approach; with emphasis on positive environments within our design intent.
The Sydney finance team provides support for group entities worldwide: including our Australian based studios (Sydney and Canberra) and our global studios (located in London, Hong Kong and Copenhagen)
As Accounts Assistant, you will be a key member of a small finance team with a global reach: with responsibility for timely and accurate processing of accounts data, including bank transactions, supplier invoices, credit card receipts and expense claims. Additionally, you will provide support to the Finance Manager, Accountants and wider Admin team to ensure efficient running of the support functions and seamless internal customer service to the technical team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Full function accounts payable processing, from invoice through to payment, including foreign currency invoices
- Support Revenue Accountant with client invoicing and debt collection
- Daily bank transaction posting and reconciliation
- Check and maintain accounts email box, actioning all items received in a timely manner
- Monitoring timesheet completion and reconciling leave applications with leave taken
The ideal candidate for this role has at least 18 months previous experience in a similar role.
The successful candidate will be a highly organised with strong time management skills, have excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills. They will have a genuine desire to learn and be willing to contribute to all aspects of accounts and administration.
Previous experience with Excel and an accounts processing system is essential for this role, proficiency in other MS Office applications expected. Previous experience with WorkBook accounting and project management software is a plus.
Steensen Varming are happy to talk about flexibility. Consideration will be given to both part-time and full-time applications. Please specify in your covering letter your preference and availability.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a generous and collaborative environment, in a role in which you can truly add value to the business.
If you are interested in this role, please apply via Seek by 31 May 2019. Please include your CV and a covering letter (both in PDF format please): on your covering letter please note your preference for full or part time work AND your salary package expectations. Applications which do not meet these criteria will not be considered.
In this policy, you will find information about our compliance with GDPR. You can also find out how to send us a request to let you access your data that we have collected, request us to delete your data, correct any inaccuracies or restrict our processing of your data.)
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience using Microsoft Excel?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years of accounts payable experience do you have?
- How many years of accounts receivable experience do you have?