Advertiser: ICMS AustralasiaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 May 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $50,000 plus superannuation
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Event Management
Full time role based in Melbourne
Opportunity for growth
$50K plus superannuation
ICMS Australasia is Australia’s oldest established Professional Conference Organiser (PCO) company first established in 1966. Unparalleled in the meetings management industry, ICMS Australasia enjoys an enviable record for managing conferences, exhibitions and special events. These include some of the largest and most complex conferences ever held in Australia. ICMS Australasia presents a level of professionalism, dedication and creativity that 53 years industry experience can provide.
You are an events professional looking to take the next step with a dynamic and exciting company. You are able to support the Event Manager/Director on events including all details of event programs as well as independently running smaller conferences on your own.
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity but you are a motivated individual who wants to learn all aspects of the conference industry. Ideally, you are tertiary qualified and/or have pursued further studies in events management. You are a confident team player with a “can do” attitude who is enthusiastic, a fast learner and is focused. Excellent computer skills and strong attention to detail is a must. You enjoy hitting the ground running, working on multiple projects simultaneously and work well within a team environment.
Applicants with Events Air experience will be highly regarded.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management of conference programs
- Dynamic and professional written and verbal communication
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team and manage your own workload
- Proven project management skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Delivery of assigned events to meet client and company expectations
- Demonstrated attention to detail in all areas
- Development and management of effective client & supplier relationships
- Administrative support for all conference activities including meeting reporting and responding to enquiries
- Providing support to the management team in achieving corporate company goals
Whilst we appreciate the likely high interest in this role, we advise in advance that due to the volume of responses, only short-listed candidates will be contacted - normally within 14 days of application.
Please address the following questions in your cover letter:
- Details of your relevant experience in a similar role
- Your suitability to the position
- Available start date
If you are looking for long-term employment in a dynamic environment, please visit our website www.icmsaust.com.au for further information about ICMS Australasia. To apply for this position, please email your resume with a cover letter detailing your suitability to the role to:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?