Laboratory Assistant and Courier
Advertiser: My Lab Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 May 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $15 - $24.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Pathology
Laboratory Assistant and Courier: Histology
The role is casual - Monday – Friday, within the hours of 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
MyLab Pathology is a privately owned histopathology laboratory providing dermatopathology services.
We are based in Salisbury, Brisbane, but our service is Australia wide, with easy street parking available.
About the role:
MyLab is seeking a diligent person to work within our organisation. We aim for workers who wish to improve and acknowledge criticism with a healthy mind.
This is an opportunity that has opened up within our histopathology laboratory, scouting for an individual to fill the shoes of a laboratory assistant and courier driver. This is a casual role which involves working in a close team environment, communicating and working with peers and other skin clinics across Australia.
- Data entry
- Unpacking and accessioning of specimens
- Assist in preparing specimens for the scientists
- Assist the Laboratory Manager with laboratory/administrative tasks as assigned
- Taking phone calls
- Packing orders of medical supplies and logistics
- Collecting specimens from skin clinics
- Delivering microscopic slides and reports to external doctors, as well as referral specimens
About the candidate:
- Previous Laboratory Experience is valued (If not, we will teach what you need to know!)
- Confident and experience with computers and frequently used programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to type at least 70 WPM and proofread work you have transcribed
- Work experience, be self-motivated, a high energy candidate and demonstrate resourcefulness at times, supporting the growth of our laboratory
- Be available for a casual shift roster, split shifts and also with the flexibility to work longer/other shifts at late notice (slotted within the daily operation hours of 6:00AM – 10:00 PM weekdays)
- Owner of a current QLD licence for courier driving tasks
- Able to lift and carry Medical and Clinical Supplies and other administrative components up to 25kg
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal skills and effective communication (prepared to answer all incoming phone calls and emails, and distributing them with the correct etiquette)
- Professional appearance and presentation when representing the company
- Cleanliness within the workplace
- Once trained in the role: able to act and work on your daily administrative and laboratory tasks without reminder or notice to be told
- Personal integrity
- Comply with company policies and procedures for a NATA accredited laboratory
- Attention to detail under pressure
- Good knowledge of Brisbane metropolitan and Gold Coast area and suburbs.
- Ability to perform all allocated tasks in an accurate and timely manner, as well as prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Self-motivated with a keen sense of improvement, as well as multi-tasking
- Bright and enthusiastic personality (no Debbie Downers!)
- A sense of reliability and organisation that the company strives for
- Whilst working hard, complying to the criteria above, we also desire and encourage enjoyable conversations (especially TV series and movies)
If you are interested in this position and able to commence work immediately, please email applications to
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?