Advertiser: Community Management SolutionsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 May 2019
- Gladstone & Central QLD
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Early Childhood
Kindergarten Teacher (Full time or Part time)
Theodore Early Child Care Centre is a combined Lady Gowrie Kindergarten and Limited Hours Day Care Centre operating on the banks of the Dawson River in the beautiful town of Theodore, Queensland.
The Centre caters for 20 children per day and boasts a large, natural outdoor space. The Kindergarten program operates 2 days per week (Monday and Tuesday, 8.30 am to 4 pm) and the Limited Hours Day Care operates 3 days per week (Wednesday to Friday, 8:30am to 3 pm).
We are currently searching for a new Kindergarten Teacher to join our team. We can offer the position as a Part Time Kindergarten Teacher position (22 hours, worked over 3 days) or as a Full Time position combined with the Nominated Supervisor Role.
Reporting to the Nominated Supervisor of the Centre and/or the President of the Volunteer Committee, the Kindergarten Teacher has the overarching responsibility for the delivery and planning of the Kindergarten Program. This role includes teaching/instruction, child supervision, planning and conducting activities, projects and field trips and establishing and enforcing rules, policies and procedures, and being the overarching point of contact for the Centre. Administration includes reporting, lesson planning and preparation, stakeholder engagement and collaboration and meeting attendance.
The Nominated Supervisor role includes duties such as staff timesheets, payment of staff wages, payment of bills, enrolment queries and associated paperwork, training and ensuring the Centre is compliant with legislation.
Complete training and handover will be provided to ensure you are up to date with the above points and how they are specific to the Centre.
The Theodore Early Childhood Centre Committee would be open to discuss other benefits for the right person including transfer or accommodation subsidy. The successful applicant will ideally have previous experience in a similar role and be community minded.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Highly developed written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to self-manage and meet timelines.
- Commitment to quality outputs and competent in information technology.
- A thorough understanding of the principles associated with the development needs and programming for children between the ages of 0-5 years, including experience developing culturally appropriate programs.
- An understanding of the needs of families participating in the development of the Centre.
- Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to facilitate the development of team work amongst staff.
- An ability to relate well to potential and current users of child care services.
- A high level of organizational skills.
The start date of this position is negotiable. All applicants are asked to address the Key Selection Criteria in their response. Applications are required by close of business on the 10th June 2019 and should be addressed to:
Natasha Shami, Community Management Solutions
Recruitment and Selection, Community Management Solutions
Unit 5/321 Kelvin Grove Road
KELVIN GROVE QLD 4059
Theodore Early Child Care Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wages and conditions will be subject to Award Conditions.
- Have you completed a Bachelor of Education - Early Childhood?
- Do you have current teacher's registration in Australia?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the early years learning framework?
- How many years' experience do you have as an early childhood teacher?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?