Advertiser: Easts Group | Sydney RoostersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 May 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Base Salary + 9.5% Super + Annual Leave Loading
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
About the business
Easts Group is an organisation with a proud history and affiliation to the Sydney Roosters. We are in the business of creating memorable entertainment experiences for our fans and patrons, by ensuring our staff are passionate about creating that special experience for each and every customer.
We support 5 Licensed Clubs being, Easts Leagues, Waverley Bowlo, Berkeley Sports, Woy Woy Leagues & Kingswood Sports.
This role is located at Easts Leagues in Bondi Junction.
About the role
The Assistant Accountant will report to the Financial Controller and be responsible for:
- Support the Financial Controller in ensuring the accurate and timely provision of accounting services to the business.
- Ensure data entry into the General Ledger system is accurate and timely.
- Assist with entry of daily banking payments/receipts and daily bank reconciliation.
- Post monthly expenses/receipts to the General Ledger.
- Assist with production of monthly management reporting.
- Reconcile balance sheet and P/L accounts.
- Assist in cash flow projection analysis.
- Assist in end of financial year process, including external audit
- Assist in compliance and tax reporting, including BAS, FBT, and tax returns.
- Complete ABS returns.
- Assist with stock takes/audits for Easts Leagues as required.
Benefits and perks
- Support and guidance from an excellent leadership team
- Monthly Team Member Awards & On the Spot Awards
- Free Sydney Roosters home game tickets
- Discount of Food & Beverage, and Roosters Merchandise
Skills and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers and subject matter experts
- Analytically minded and high attention to detail
- Experience working in a similar role
- Knowledge of industry practices
- Proven business analysis skills
The individual will have at least 2 years' experience in an accounting field and will either hold a relevant tertiary qualification in accounting i.e. CPA/CA, or being studying towards such qualification.
To be considered for the role please ensure you provide a Resume and Cover Letter, and only those with relevant experience need apply.
Due to the number of applications we receive, only those successful in making it to the next round will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in accounting?
- Do you have reconciliations experience?