Project Coordinator - Basketball
Advertiser: Basketball AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 May 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Other
About the business
Basketball Australia is the governing and controlling body for the sport of basketball in Australia.
A not-for-profit business, Basketball Australia's members are the eight state and territory basketball associations.
Basketball Australia manages 22 national teams (including Boomers, Chemist Warehouse Opals, Rollers & Gliders) which compete in Olympic and Paralympic Games and FIBA tournaments, including World Cups.
Basketball Australia also manages the Chemist Warehouse Women's National Basketball League (WNBL) and annual national junior championships.
Basketball is an Olympic and Paralympic sport and is the world's second most popular team sport.
About the role
Reporting to the 3x3 and National Wheelchair Leagues Manager, the primary objective of the Project Coordinator - Basketball is to provide administrative and operational support to the Basketball Department.
The principal areas of focus and support will be to the ‘3x3 Community Hustle’ program, the Mens and Women’s National Wheelchair Leagues and the Australian Schools Championships.
The key responsibilities for the Project Coordinator are as follows:
Community 3x3 program
- Administration of the 3x3 Community Hustle program
- Assist in educating and promoting the 3x3 Community program across all delivery partners
- Assist in tracking project timelines
- Assist in managing the national database for participants
- Coordinate communications with all key delivery partners
- Coordinate evaluation and feedback from the 3x3 community program
National Wheelchair Leagues
- Coordinate the administration of the NWBL and WNWBL
- Assist in the planning of leagues, including season fixtures and staffing of rounds
- Organisation and coordination of league operations
- Facilitation of equipment required to run the leagues
- Coordinate game day operations with host clubs
- Manage the league databases
- Provide administrative support to the league referee commissioner
Essential skills & experience
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to oversee budgets
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to build and maintain professional working relationships
- Program management and marketing skills
- High level of drive and initiative with a passion for excellence.
- Able to influence success and drive results.
- Able to remain calm and poised under all circumstances
Key Selection Criteria – Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in project coordination and delivery
- Highly developed interpersonal and written communication skills
- Working with a range of stakeholders to deliver projects
- Highly competent IT skills
- Time management ability
- Budget development and coordination
How to apply
Applicants are advised to submit their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a short application/cover letter and a resume. Applications must include the phrase "Project Coordinator - Basketball" in the subject line of the email.
Applications close 11 June 2019
Applications that do not follow this process may not be considered.