Better Ageing Program Coordinator - Walking Basketball
Advertiser: Basketball AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 May 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Other
About the business
Basketball Australia is the governing and controlling body for the sport of basketball in Australia.
A not-for-profit business, Basketball Australia's members are the eight state and territory basketball associations.
Basketball Australia manages 22 national teams (including Boomers, Chemist Warehouse Opals, Rollers & Gliders) which compete in Olympic and Paralympic Games and FIBA tournaments, including World Cups.
Basketball Australia also manages the Chemist Warehouse Women's National Basketball League (WNBL) and annual national junior championships.
Basketball is an Olympic and Paralympic sport and is the world's second most popular team sport.
About the role
The Walking Basketball program aims to attract and engage older Australians in a low impact, social and fun way to maintain and/or improve the levels of physical activity in this age group.
Reporting to the Community Basketball Manager, the primary objective of the Better Ageing Program Manager – Walking Basketball is to develop the Walking Basketball program, investigate and engage a range of delivery options and to measure the performance of the program’s outcomes.
The key responsibilities for the Better Ageing Program Coordinator are as follows:
- To develop the Walking Basketball program, investigate and engage a range of delivery options and to measure the performance of the program’s outcomes
- Create a BA working group – commercial/digital/community/game development etc - to guide the program’s development
- Develop a budget for the program
- Communicate with all State Basketball organisations to promote and deliver the program through their resources in individual states/territories
- Connect with community support agencies to determine their ability to support the program through publicity and communication strategies, and delivery of individual programs throughout Australia
Essential skills & experience
- Outstanding leadership skills and the ability to engage and build relationships with a wide range of people from all areas of Basketball
- Ability to inspire belief of new initiatives and programs to staff and stakeholders at all levels
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to manage budgets
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to build and maintain professional working relationships
- Program management and marketing skills
- High level of drive and initiative with a passion for excellence.
- Able to influence success and drive results.
- Able to remain calm and poised under all circumstances
Key Selection Criteria – Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in implementing development programs
- Highly developed interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experience in designing and delivering participation programs
- Working with a range of stakeholders to deliver projects
- Highly competent IT skills
- Time management ability
- Budget development and management
How to apply
Applicants are advised to submit their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a short application/cover letter and a resume. Applications must include the phrase "Better Ageing Program Coordinator – Walking Basketball" in the subject line of the email.
Applications close 11 June 2019
Applications that do not follow this process may not be considered.