Advertiser: Therapy MattersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 May 2019
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Speech Therapy
Could this be the speech pathology team you’ve been looking for?
Come join us on the Gold Coast, at Therapy Matters, where we strive to make a difference …. one word at a time.
- Well established business delivering clinical excellence for 24 years serving children and families in their community and our clinics
- Experienced leadership team supporting a large, diverse, fulfilled, connected, collaborative and dynamic team
- Exceeding expectations with our commitment to in-house and external professional development opportunities
- Use of the latest assessments, technology and amazing resources in a spacious, stimulating workplace
- Generous workplace flexibility to suit your lifestyle and family
- Close collaborative working relationships with local allied health colleagues through our wider Therapy Connect Alliance and in-house psychologists.
We are currently seeking a diligent, enthusiastic, collaborative and talented speech pathologist who is dedicated to clinical excellence to join our team.
Casual or Permanent Part-time Paediatric Position (1-3 days/week)
For commencement in June, 2019, this position will cover an existing caseload of 1 day a week (Monday) at our West Burleigh clinic however, due to increased demands on our services, there is opportunity to build a new caseload of clients to extend the position to 2-3 days a week in our many school based services or to a full-time position as caseload permits.
Diligent, dynamic speech pathologists with at least 3 years clinical experience who are committed to life-long learning, thrive on co-operation with others and are dedicated to the provision of exemplary clinical practice would be well suited to this position. Speech Pathologists with an interest and passion for supporting the needs of children with disabilities are also particularly welcome at our clinic.
WHY WORK @ THERAPY MATTERS?
JOB SATISFACTION MATTERS
- Utilise the latest assessments, therapy materials, software and technology.
- Meet the needs of a diverse paediatric caseload across feeding, speech, language, literacy, AAC and disability fields.
- Opportunity to tailor the caseload to meet your skill set and interest areas.
- Developing meaningful relationships with clients and families by making a real difference in their lives.
- Have flexibility in days and hours worked.
- Work the hours that suit your life and your family with scope for work during school terms only, school hours only or on Saturdays.
- Work in a supportive, caring and stimulating workplace.
- Have access to friendly, helpful administrative staff and therapy assistants.
- Generous employer funding for professional development and professional development leave.
- Be part of a welcoming and collaborative team who work closely together to readily share skills and knowledge.
- Opportunities for regular 1:1 clinical mentoring sessions and clinical matters discussion groups with senior clinicians
- In-house professional development opportunities from our own clinicians as well as local, national and international speakers.
- Bi-annual whole team planning days, building workplace culture, connections and clinical mastery.
- Be appointed as an employee under the Health Professionals and Support Services award with above award hourly rates.
- Generous Professional development leave and professional development allowances
- Recognised degree qualification in Speech Pathology
- Member of Speech Pathology Australia and current Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Holder of a Valid Blue Card (QLD)
- Demonstrated knowledge and at least 3 years experience in providing a range of assessments and therapy approaches for a paediatric caseload (birth - 18 years) including children and adolescents with speech, language, fluency and literacy difficulties as well as children with disabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to seek and share advice from others through mentoring, networking and professional development opportunities.
- Demonstrated effective, efficient and timely verbal and written communication skills with colleagues, parents and other professionals.
- Demonstrated exemplary organisational and time management skills.
- Current driver's licence
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the essential criteria above as well as a current resume with two professional references.
Applications close 5pm Friday 14th June
Further details can be obtained from our Director and Principal Speech Pathologist, Tania Teitzel. Please send applications and direct all enquiries to: