HR Administration Assistant
Advertiser: Darwin PortMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 May 2019
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
About the business
The Port of Darwin is the nation's 'northern gateway' for Australasian trade. We have commercial wharf facilities at East Arm and the cruise ship terminal at Fort Hill Wharf.
Darwin Port provides world class pilotage and harbour control systems and a seamless supply chain capable of handling containers, bulk liquids, bulk materials, live exports and heavy lift oversized cargoes. With expansion plans and a commitment to continuing investments in infrastructure, Darwin Port is ready to service Australia's future needs and capitalise on the development of Northern Australia and emerging markets.
About the role
We are seeking a part time HR administration assistant to assist our team on a diverse range of HR topics including, but not limited to; coordination of training programs, uniform distribution, recruitment, payroll processing support & data maintenance in our HR Information Systems.
Benefits and perks
- Approximately 20-25 hours per week, negotiable.
- 5 weeks annual leave per annum (accrued pro rata)
- Permanent part-time position
Skills and experience
This part time role is suitable for candidates with the following qualifications & previous experience;
- Certificate III in Business and/or equivalent HR qualifications
- 3 years' experience in a HR administration or similar support role
- Experience in payroll processing using HRIS software (ideally Chris21)
- Knowledge of legislation and compliance requirements for human resources, taxation, superannuation & payroll systems
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills, reliability and attention to detail.
- Intermediate/Advanced skill level in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Current NT Drivers licence
All applicants must hold or be eligible to obtain a Maritime Security Identity Card (MSIC) which includes background checks.
Interested? Review the PD on our Careers page at https://www.darwinport.com.au/about/careers and submit your application via the ‘Apply for this job’ link above.
Applications close 12th June 2019
For further information on this position please email email@example.com
All applicants must have a relevant visa or working rights in Australia. Please ensure you attach both a cover letter and resume detailing your suitability for this role, to be considered for a position. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- How many years' experience do you have as a human resources administrator?
- How many years of payroll experience do you have?