Voice Support Engineer
Advertiser: Over The Wire Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 May 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Telecommunications
About the business
Over the Wire is an ASX listed Telecommunications and IT services company with a difference.
We take pride in delivering voice and Internet solutions for Australian and New Zealand businesses that contribute to positive business outcomes. We meet with businesses face to face to understand their drivers and goals. Each customer engagement is unique, and our staff are trained to identify the best mix of technologies to achieve the desired outcomes of the business.
Our mission is to provide businesses with a viable alternative in the Australian Telecommunications and IT sectors; a provider that works with them, instead of just for them. With technology at the heart of its service offering, Over the Wire places high importance on staying ahead of the pack when it comes to their own corporate systems and infrastructure and its purpose-built network.
About the role
Working as a Voice Support Engineer within the Voice Operations Team, you will work closely with other team members and assist customers with their day to day needs.
You will be responsible for:
- Diagnosing and rectifying customer voice faults
- Managing client issues through our ticketing system
- Escalating faults to senior engineers
- Assisting customers with adds, moves and changes
- Documenting processes and systems so to train other staff members
- Assisting clients and partners when deploying new voice solutions
The position is full time based out of our head office in Brisbane CBD. You will be happy to perform occasional after hours work where required and participate in a roster for out of hours support escalations and emergency system notifications.
Benefits and perks
Working for Over the Wire, you will find yourself surrounded by a team of highly technical, customer service focused people who are passionate about online technology. We are driven to help our customers. Within an informal, social, yet professional environment you will be fully supported with the tools you need to achieve today and develop new skills for tomorrow.
At Over The Wire we pride ourselves on looking after staff and providing an environment that you enjoy working in. We organise regular social events, monthly catered lunches, ongoing training and an employee share scheme to help set up your future.
We strongly believe in work/life balance and flexibility, working hard to create an environment that is diverse, supportive, challenging and team-oriented. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Skills and experience
- You will be a motivated, self-starter who has excellent written and spoken communications skills.
- A team player who is customer focused and a problem solver above all else.
- A great desire to learn and wants to continuously improve.
Essential skills and experience
- Attention to detail
- A high level of trust and integrity
- A sense of humour
- The ability to work autonomously but also within a team
- Working knowledge of VOIP ( SIP , NAT etc )
- Experience using protocol analysers for signalling and interpreting the results
- Moderate network knowledge and general telecommunications troubleshooting.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills ( you will be dealing directly with clients )
- Experience with SIP based PBX Systems and equipment ( Cisco, 3cx, Asterisk, Polycom, Yealink )
- Customer service focused
Experience with any of the following will be highly regarded:
- Previous ISP / MSP experience highly regarded.
- Exposure to Managed network environment
- Previous experience building and deploying Asterisk PBX's
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
All applicants must be local in Brisbane and available for immediate interviews.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for providing level 1 technical support?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?