- Job Listing Date
- 29 May 2019
- Toowoomba & Darling Downs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Retail & Consumer Products, Retail Assistants
Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity?
Do you have an eye for colour?
Are you energetic, responsible and enthusiastic with a strong customer focus?
Are you looking for Full Time work?
If the answer to these questions is Yes – then we have an excellent opportunity for you to work full time in our Paint Department in Toowoomba selling paint and advising our customers on their decorating requirements.
The successful Full Time applicant:
- Will be rostered a minimum of 76 hours per fortnight;
- Must work one weekend in a fortnightly roster (Saturday and Sunday);
- Must have previous sales experience with Paint;
- Experience with Colour Matching would be an advantage;
- Experience with selling Building Hardware would be an advantage;
- Must have good computer skills including mouse, keyboard and windows.
Reporting to the Manager your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Customer service and processing sales;
- Providing advice on the sales floor and over the phone;
- Tinting and mixing of paint;
- Assembling orders and delivery of paint orders to customers;
- Putting away stock; and
- Store Housekeeping.
You will also need a neat and tidy appearance and a happy disposition along with a good work ethic, a current driver's licence and your own transport.
The role will involve heavy lifting and repetitive movement.
If you are a cheerful, well-organised team player, then this is an excellent opportunity for you.
Applicants will be selected for an interview based on the assessment of their application.
The application MUST HAVE A COVER LETTER in which the applicant introduces themselves AND A DETAILED RESUME advising of:
- Academic results, vocational training, further education, etc.
- Employment history including employer name, dates of employment, a description of positions held, responsibilities and duties, reason for leaving the employer – gaps in employment history should be avoided.
- The names, addresses and contact phone numbers of three (3) confidential present and/or past employer referees.
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years' experience do you have in the retail industry?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many year’s experience do you have as a Paint Salesperson?
- Do you have previous experience with Colour Matching?
- This role will involve some heavy lifting and repetitive movement. Do you have any disability or impairment or medical condition that would interfere with your capacity to lift 10 kg's and above?