Advertiser: Easts Group | Sydney RoostersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 May 2019
- Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Chefs/Cooks
About the business
Berkeley Sports Club is a place to relax, quench your thirst and enjoy our modern Australian food created by our passionate and cohesive team. We strive to provide the ultimate experience for each of our valued members and guests from the moment they walk through our doors.
You will lead and mentor our Kitchen team to create delicious meals using fresh produce in our bistro for our members and guests and for a wide range of functions we hold throughout the club.
- Effectively lead and supervise a diverse team to achieve consistently high standards;
- Maintain high standards of quality, food production, presentation and service in line with club requirements;
- Provide input into kitchen business planning and budgeting and then meet or exceed the agreed targets;
- Create a harmonious work environment in all areas of the club;
- Ensure all aspects of WHS and operational procedures are followed.
- Create quality products in line with standard recipe cards
- Deliver an outstanding level of service
- Have a flexible approach in adapting to guest requests
- Stock take duties
Rewards & Benefits:
- Free tickets to Sydney Roosters home games and discounted Roosters merchandise
- The opportunity to volunteer in your community and be paid for it
- A generous employee reward and recognition program
- Learning and development opportunities
- Great discounts on food and beverage items and much more!
Skills and Experience:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Commercial Cookery
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a Head Chef role
- Current relevant Safe Food Handling Certification
- Demonstrated experience of working in a high-volume kitchen
- Strong knowledge of HACCP
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and also in a team environment
- Flexibility to work a 7-day rotating roster including evenings, weekends and public holidays
- Full working rights in Australia
If you are passionate about a career in hospitality and are motivated by interacting with people on a daily basis, then we look forward to hearing from you!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a chef?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Which of the following culinary arts qualifications have you obtained?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?