- Job Listing Date
- 30 May 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
About Autism Queensland
Autism Queensland provides specialised education, therapy and support services for people of all ages on the autism spectrum and their families. For further information please visit www.autismqld.com.au.
About the Role
Our specialised multi-disciplinary Education Support and Therapy Services team has an opportunity for a qualified, committed and passionate Psychologist to provide professional psychology services to children and adults on the autism spectrum. Psychology services may include 1:1 sessions, group intervention programs, school based consultancy, home and community visits.
This role is being offered on a permanent, full time basis or part time for the right candidate, with potential for flexibility with start and finish times depending on client and service needs. While staff will have a primary base at either our Sunnybank or Brighton site, the role will require some flexibility to work between the two sites at times, dependent upon the needs of clients and the service.
To access the position description, please visit the Work With Us page on our website - https://autismqld.com.au/page/workwithus.
Implement a range of evidence-based interventions that are responsive to individual client needs and inform development of creative, person-centred solutions
Conduct assessments for developmental, cognitive and emotional functioning and contribute to multidisciplinary functional and diagnostic assessments
Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to conduct Functional Behavioural Assessments and develop, implement, monitor and review Positive Behaviour Support Plans
Prepare and maintain assessment, observation, progress reports and other documentation as required
Work collaboratively with other Autism Queensland psychologists to continuously improve the interventions delivered by these professionals and the overall quality of services provided by Autism Queensland
Participate in relevant community and professional networks
Provide training and information for parents, colleagues and other professionals regarding the role of psychology for children on the autism spectrum and their families
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology and registration as a Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Proven knowledge and understanding of positive behaviour support and evidence based practice principles
- Knowledge of psychometric, diagnostic and educational assessment practice and procedures
- Case management skills with demonstrated experience in establishing effective helping relationships, conducting assessments, developing intervention plans and working together with clients to provide support and meet identified needs
- Knowledge and experience of a range of intervention strategies relevant to children and adults on the autism spectrum
- Excellent interpersonal and sound written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to person-centred approaches
- Proven ability to maintain work quality and performance during tight schedules
- Current open Driver’s License
- Travel to other Autism Queensland sites and throughout regional Queensland will be required
- It is the responsibility of the employee to hold a current, recognised Provide First Aid qualification
- May be required to use own vehicle for work purposes
Culture & Benefits
Autism Queensland is an inspiring, caring and fun place to work with supportive, passionate and friendly colleagues and leaders who value your contribution and share your commitment to achieving work-life balance. Your work will be both challenging and rewarding and you will find scope and support for personal as well as professional development. You'll also enjoy the financial benefits of our generous salary sacrificing program!
How To Apply
If this opportunity is of interest to you please apply asap! Your application should include:
1. a cover letter identifying the reason/s you are applying;
2. a current CV / resume with contact details of at least two referees (who will only be contacted with your explicit consent following interview);
3. details of current professional registration
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- What's your preferred work type?