Workshop Manager / Senior Diesel Mechanic
Advertiser: Coastal Transport ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 May 2019
- Gosford & Central Coast
- $90,000 - $99,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Automotive Trades
About the Business and the role
We are a successful locally owned logistics company that offers a range of local transport and warehousing services between Newcastle and Sydney.
We are currently looking for a proactive, energetic industry professional Workshop Manager with a strong background in heavy vehicle machinery and the transport industry.
Roles and Responsibilities
This role will be a busy hands on role with a focus on developing business plans for the Workshop. The role requires performing effective and efficient mechanical services involving; repair, servicing and maintenance of the Company's vehicle fleet and equipment.
Your will be directly responsible for an authorised heavy vehicle repair workshop which will involve;
- Carry out diagnostic procedures and preventative maintenance on trucks, trailers and equipment to maintain warranty and fulfil legal requirements including; electrical brake systems, transmissions, fuel systems, replacement of batteries and repair of engine components.
- Ensure work is done efficiently and in accordance with industry standards
- Responsible for all administrative, record keeping and reporting functions within our transport management system.
- Ownership for OH&S requirements and enforcing all statutory, legal and company requirements to ensure safety and wellbeing
- Manage and coordinate materials, equipment and site subcontractors
- Provide clear and transparent communication to both internal and external stakeholders to ensure quality service is provided at all times
- Develop and implement Commercial objectives for each location, in conjunction with the Business Development and Finance Managers for Commercial growth
- To actively seek commercial opportunities to create and develop income potential.
- Prepare business plans for the Workshop to develop the Workshop business.
- Participate in procurement bids and pricing strategies.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have an experienced technical background on a range of vehicles and equipment with at least 10+ year’s demonstrated experience within an authorised repair workshop.
You will have heavy vehicle experience as a trade qualified heavy vehicle mechanic - Cert III. A strong understanding of core competencies such as electric systems, brakes, fuel systems and general mechanic operations and repairs is necessary.
You will have a hands-on management approach, demonstrating natural and authentic leadership skills and the ability to communicate and engage with a range of stakeholders.
You will be highly motivated with a professional approach and driven to succeed. You will have sound business acumen and sound financial skills with the ability to build strong business and employee relationships.
What’s on Offer
You will be given the opportunity to join a successful business that is embarking on an exciting change journey. This is a highly visible role within the business and one that will challenge you but also reward you. This role offers a competitive salary package, company vehicle and mobile phone.
Interested applicants should forward their resume, outlining how their experience meets the requirements of the role, by clicking on the “Apply Now” button below
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an automotive mechanic?
- How many years' experience do you have as a manager / team lead?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?