Information Technology Support Officer
Advertiser: Eckhold Technologies Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 May 2019
- Gladstone & Central QLD
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
About the Company:
Eckhold Technologies is a small, privately owned company based in Gladstone, Queensland with major clients in the mining and industrial sectors. Eckhold Technologies has an excellent customer service reputation and the successful applicant will be expected to further enhance this at every opportunity.
About the role:
We are currently seeking an energetic, self-motivated and experienced Information Technology Support Officer to join our team. Eckhold Technologies' offices are based in Gladstone QLD, however this position is based in Middlemount QLD supporting one of our clients. You will also need to be flexible to travel between different customer sites if/when required. Familiarity with the QLD mining industry would be an advantage and your commitment to safety and quality will be paramount. The successful applicant must be able to pass a pre-employment medical examination including a drug and alcohol screen.
As an Information Technology Officer, you will be required to install, maintain, program and fault find a variety of wired and wireless communication technologies and devices to industry standards. The successful applicant will have an ability to be self-managed, resourceful and persistent as well as have drive, determination and a logical approach to ensure servicing is conducted in an efficient and safe manner.
- Installation, commissioning, troubleshooting, fault finding and repairing information technology and communication networks
- Thorough understanding/experience of IP based networks
- Accurate and detailed record keeping
Skills and Experience:
- A current manual driver's licence and the ability to travel as required.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Experience with Information Technology and Communications, networks and equipment
- Minimum 12 months exposure in a similar role
- Proficient in Windows operating systems and software
- IM or Communications Trade Certificate
- CCTV experience
- An understanding of Microwave based radio and antennae systems PTP, PTMP etc.
- Knowledge and experience with RF spectrum usage and management tools
- Job scope and quoting experience
- Working at Heights
- Elevated Work Platform
- Tower Rescue
- Cabling Licence
- Current Coal Board Medical
What we offer:
Eckhold Technologies provide a professional, innovative and quality service to our customers through maintaining a friendly, fair and diverse work environment which values skill and hard work.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you licenced to drive a manual vehicle?