Business Development Manager
Advertiser: Vivi AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Jun 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sales, Account & Relationship Management
Vivi is a Melbourne based EdTech start-up helping educators drive student engagement through collaborative learning within the classroom. Our classroom engagement solution was built exclusively for the education sector. With features crowd-sourced directly from teachers, Vivi is designed to be the invisible backbone of the teacher and student learning conversation. We’re passionate about delivering solutions to learning environments that have real impact and improve educational outcomes.
Our Sales Team is growing as a result of our continued success. We are seeking a highly motivated, autonomous and fast-moving Business Development Manager, based in NSW, to proactively drive new business within the K-12 and tertiary space. This is a fantastic opportunity for a self-confessed lover of sales, technology and the education space to join a fun, fast-paced start up in the throes of global expansion.
Reporting to the Australian Sales Manager, this role will be pivotal in accelerating the growth of the business.
- Drive new business sales within NSW and ACT, achieving sales targets and working to KPI’s
- Generate new leads through prospecting, following up on market intelligence and working with resellers to target accounts
- Successfully qualify sales opportunities to maximise sales targets
- Build and manage reseller relationships including leading training and development sessions with new and existing resellers in order to extend sales reach through reseller engagement
- Proactively seek new opportunities in the education space, forming relationships with Teachers, IT Managers, Principals and Business Managers
- Raise brand awareness, maximise lead generation and build customer loyalty through attendance or participation at trade and industry events, forums and conference
Things that will set you up for success in this role:
- Minimum 2 years sales experience within the K-12 or tertiary market selling SaaS or technology
- A strong track record of developing new business and achieving or exceeding sales targets
- While not compulsory, teaching experience would be advantageous
- Be an expert communicator - know your audience, your desired message and handle any objections or questions seamlessly
- Experience using a CRM like Hubspot is desirable
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Must have a valid Australian Drivers Licence & car
- Highly motivated and autonomous, as this role will be based remotely
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?