Board Support Administrator
Advertiser: Puffing Billy RailwayMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Jun 2019
- Yarra Valley & High Country
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Company Secretaries
- Fixed term 12 months with possible additional 12-month extension
- Work close to home in the beautiful Dandenong Ranges
- Suit a skilled administrator with governance knowledge
About Puffing Billy Railway
Located in the picturesque Dandenong Ranges, Puffing Billy Railway is Australia's premier preserved steam railway. Operating on the original mountain track from Belgrave to Gembrook, this century-old train offers a range of fun-filled experiences for visitors young and old.
A major tourist attraction, Puffing Billy Railway attracts a large number of both local and international tourists each year and operates every day except Christmas Day, thanks to the tireless efforts of more than 600 volunteers and a small team of dedicated staff.
About the Opportunity
A new 12-month fixed term full-time position has been created to support the work of the Company Secretary, the Board and senior leadership team of Puffing Billy Railway. This role, reporting to the Company Secretary will help in establishing the governance requirements associated with the Company Secretariat function.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Under the guidance of the Company Secretary
- contribute to the assessment of the risks, benefits and opportunities of new processes or other projects
- facilitate Board Director renewal and inductions
- execute all statutory filings and manage the maintenance of all statutory registers and records
- lead in the preparation of Board agendas, running sheet of matters arising, and scheduling/co-ordination of Board and sub-committee meetings
- assist with the development of compliance and policy frameworks
- assist with the development of the overarching governance structure
- Maintain various organisational registers i.e. audit schedules, Board Resolutions, conflicts of interest
This role is based in Belgrave with some travel required to our offices in Emerald. An attractive salary circa $60,000 plus superannuation, commensurate with your skills and experience is available to the right applicant.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly organised, proactive and experienced administrator with an exceptional eye for detail. Your quality communication and people skills and unflappable approach will ensure that all matters in relation to company governance will be dealt with in a timely, professional manner.
This new role will support the development of systems and processes to ensure high level organisational governance both now and into the future.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Strong Microsoft office skills and calendar management skills
- Experience in establishing systems and processes for operating purposes
- Experience working in a corporate secretariat environment highly desirable
- Qualifications in Company Governance and/or risk management looked up favourably
- Experience working in the government, not for profit, tourism or social enterprise sectors preferred
This is a hands-on, roll your sleeves up type of position, suited to a person who has an interest in organisational governance.
For more details, and to view the position description visit our website – www.puffingbilly.com.au/careers/. Applications will be assessed as received.
Apply via Seek by forwarding your resume and cover letter explaining why you would be the ideal candidate for this role.
So what are you waiting for? If you are searching for a new administrative challenge don’t delay - Apply Now!
Puffing Billy Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities who have the relevant experience are encouraged to apply.
You will be joining a child-safe organisation and as such all employees and volunteers are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have secretarial experience?
- Have you completed a qualification in business administration?