Advertiser: PelicanCorp (AU) Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Jun 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $80,000 - $94,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Management Accounting & Budgeting
Reporting to the Finance Director this role will be a key contributor to the preparation of financial results, management reporting, preparation of the annual financial statements, financial analysis, audit and tax compliance. This is a busy and fulfilling full-time role in a growing business with an global footprint.
* Supervision and support of the Finance Officer to perform general ledger accounting and month end close processes in a timely manner whilst ensuring integrity and accuracy of financial information
* Liaison with off-shore Finance staff to ensure completion of the above in our international offices
* Co-ordinate the annual budget process in conjunction with the Finance Director
* Preparation of annual financial statements in accordance with established time frames, accounting standards, relevant legislation
* Identify and document procedural improvements
* Ensure all compliance obligations are fulfilled in relation to regulators and other statutory bodies
* Co-ordinate annual audit with external auditors
* Other duties as detailed in the position description
Skills and experience
* Positive, can-do attitude with a clear sense of initiative, flexibility, independence, self-motivation, punctuality & consistency
* A tertiary qualification in Accounting and CPA/CA qualified or in the process of obtaining qualification
* Strong understanding of accounting and finance standards and process
* Good understanding and practical experience within accounting standards and end to end process of financial processes
* Tax compliance experience in the preparation BAS and FBT returns
* Experience in the preparation of statutory and management accounts
* High attention to detail
* Proven communication skills including with stakeholders with a non-finance background
* Excellent organisation skills with flexibility to change priorities as required
* Motivated and committed individual who is proactive in meeting deadlines
* Accuracy and attention to detail, creativity, initiative, mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
* Multi-task well and change focus quickly, perform well under pressure
* Great written communication
Benefits and perks
* Diverse and inclusive work environment
* Located in Richmond
* Opportunity to grow and develop within the company
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to further your career with a company that leads this industry sector globally. PelicanCorp is offering a negotiable package based on experience and skill set.
- How many years' experience do you have as a management accountant?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?