Pilbara Operations Coordinator
Advertiser: PHSMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Jun 2019
- Port Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Management
Due to company growth, an opportunity exists for a Pilbara Operations Coordinator to join the Precision Hydrographic Services (PHS) team in a full-time capacity based at our Karratha office. The primary focus of this role is to manage our Pilbara Office (Karratha) and provide support to our operations team.
We require a candidate who is self-motivated and a team player with strong organisation and communication skills. This role will report to our Operations Manager and will be an integral part in ensuring that our field operations run smoothly and professionally. The successful candidate will provide logistical assistance to our team of hydrographic surveyors and will manage and maintain PHS assets including survey vessels and equipment.
The successful candidate will:
- Coordinate office workflow procedures to ensure maximum efficiency of operations
- Maintain survey equipment database and prepare resources for vessels including testing, packing and dispatching survey/electrical equipment
- Provide general survey vessel maintenance
- Provide general support to surveyors in the field
To be successful in this role you should possess the following skills and attributes:
- General handyman skills for repair and maintenance of equipment and vessels
- General boat skills and knowledge (Coxswain ticket will be considered an advantage but is not a requirement of the position)
- Continuous improvement mindset and preparedness to adhere to PHS’ Quality Management System
- Proficient in general PC use and applications, including Microsoft Office and Excel
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, particularly written and oral communication
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively with and contribute to team outcomes
- Ability to make decisions, accept responsibility, autonomy and accountability
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing schedules, priorities and deadlines
- Hydrographic Surveying knowledge would be an advantage but not essential
- A Medium Rigid Licence is highly desirable but this can be attained upon employment as this will be a requirement for the position.
We want to hear from you if you are a positive person. We want someone who will enjoy working as part of a dynamic and energetic team of meticulous hydrographic surveyors and office staff.
Organisational skills are a must, along with your high level of professionalism and confident attitude.
Candidates must already be eligible to work in Australia and hold a current ‘C’ Class driver’s licence. The role will be based in Karratha so you must already be a resident or willing to relocate. The candidate will be expected to travel for field work.
We offer a competitive salary and the professional advantage of an environment that supports employee development. If you think you have what it takes, please send a cover letter stating WHY you think you would be a good fit for PHS and your CV.
Applications close 5 July 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an operations coordinator?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?