Broker Assistant Insurance Broking
Advertiser: AMB Investments Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Jun 2019
- Gosford & Central Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Brokerage
About the Business
Shortland is a privately owned general insurance broker located in Gosford.
We offer an extensive range of insurance products and services covering various commercial and industrial enterprises.
Our commitment to our clients has allowed our insurance brokerage to continue to grow thanks to the many referrals provided by our loyal client base.
Shortland’s success is due to our belief in conducting business with clients who, like us, are committed to building strong and lasting relationships.
- Minimum - Tier 2 (Tier 1 preferred)
- Obtain and retain qualifications as determined by legislation in order to provide advice to the public and comply with any financial services legislation and regulation enacted by the Commonwealth of Australia or the States
- Prior Experience in a similar position
- Technical Insurance/Broking skills in accordance with RG 146 requirements including:
- insurance products
- legislative obligations
- claims processes
- Literacy in technology and systems in current use in the Insurance industry
- Invoicing procedures
- Processing of new business, endorsements and renewals
- Broker support including claims handling
The successful Applicant will be able to work effectively without supervision or close instruction; thinking constructively and acting to achieve goals beyond minimum requirements.
They will understand the importance of accuracy around tasks and be able to clearly express themselves, including non-verbal communication.
Have the ability to work effectively as part of a team and to assist in setting and achieving goals.
Keep management and others informed appropriately and as required about work status.
Effectively manages ones' time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently and effectively.
Developing customer relationships by listening to and making the effort to understand the customer, anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs and most importantly, prioritising customer satisfaction.
- Have you completed a RG146 insurance broking accreditation?
- How many years' experience do you have in the insurance industry?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Have you completed a qualification in insurance?