Landscape Supervisor/ Foreman
Advertiser: Sterling NTMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jun 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Foreperson/Supervisors
Sterling NT is a diverse team of over 300 employees who have been maintaining, cleaning and constructing the Territory to an unmatched level of quality for over 30 years. In that time, we have been trusted with some of the Territory’s most prestigious public spaces, government and private enterprise offices and major events, as well as in excess of 2,500km of road reserve weed control and 1,500km of roadside slashing from Darwin east to Oenpelli and south to Pine Creek.
We are seeking an organised, professional and experienced Landscape Supervisor/ Foreman to join our dynamic team.
EXPERIENCED CANDIDATES NEED ONLY APPLY
Reporting to the Construction Manager you will be integral in promoting the professionalism of our business and the service output for a diverse portfolio of Landscape Projects.
- Ability to manage large commercial site with multiple subcontractors
- Firm and strict understanding of WHS requirements and ensuring they are adhered to onsite
- Ability to read, interpret and understand architectural landscape plans and implement the correct measures and work to accomplish
- Meeting all contractual agreements with budget and time frames
- Manage and maintain professional relationships with subcontractors and clients
- Strong understanding and experience in commercial landscaping and/or civil works
- Time management and ability to drive the project through to completion at a high quality and standard
- Ability to adapt to changes and make decisions under pressure
- Manage the workload/responsibilities of employees and subcontractors
- TAFE certificate in landscaping or construction
- 4 + years qualified experienced as a supervisor for commercial landscape projects
- Operations and machinery experience/tickets
- White card
- HR/MR licence – preferred but not essential
- Cert III or IV in Horticulture (or equivalent)
- First Aid Certificate
- National Criminal History and Working with Children (Ochre Card)
You are required to hold a current driver’s license. In addition, demonstrate resilience and flexibility. Sterling NT values diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like you and you are suitably qualified for this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume via Seek website. Get on board, submit your cover letter and resume Today!
- Have you worked in a supervisor role within the construction industry?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- How many years' experience do you have as a site supervisor?