Housekeeping Attendant - Team Leader
Advertiser: Ibis Brisbane AirportMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jun 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Subsidized car parking
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Housekeeping
The Brisbane Airport Hotels Group encompasses the Pullman and ibis Brisbane Airport Hotels, as well as the Brisbane Airport Conference Centre. With 375 guest rooms, 2 restaurants, Rooftop Bar & Restaurant, Executive Lounge and 13 meeting spaces collectively totalling 1800m2 it is scheduled to open in October this year. Located adjacent to the Brisbane Airport Domestic Terminal, it is the first accommodation and meeting and event space to be developed in this precinct.
Pullman & ibis Brisbane Airport is currently looking for a Housekeeping Team Leader to assist our Executive Housekeeper & Housekeeping Supervisors to ensure the professional and cost effective running of the Housekeeping department, achieving high standards of cleanliness for guest rooms, public areas and back of house areas within the hotels & conference centre.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare weekly staffing schedules, monitoring staff attendance and labour planning.
- Maintain an accurate and proper inventory of all stocks, guest supplies and linens.
- Ensure that the control and procedures of Lost and Found is properly recorded and stored.
- Accountable for the proper usage of all equipment and their serving.
- Ensure that room cleaning productivity is monitored closely and maintained.
- Handle and resolve guest complaints.
- Responsible for the efficient running of the laundry and cost effective use of all linen.
- Work closely with the laundry supplier to ensure high standard of laundering is maintained.
- In the absence of the Executive Housekeeper you will be responsible as acting department manager.
- Conducting inventories on a regular basis.
To be successful in this role, you MUST have:
- Previous management experience in a similar role.
- Effective time management skills and able to manage competing priorities.
- Enjoy working with a diverse team.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work a 7 day week rotating roster including days, nights, weekends and public holidays.
We thank all interested parties in advance for their application, however only successful applicants will be contacted.