Advertiser: Naval, Military and Air Force Club of SAMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Jun 2019
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Receptionists
About the business and the role
The Naval, Military and Air Force Club of SA is a hospitality business offering a large range of services to our members including fine dining, bar meals, functions, bar services and accommodation. We are looking for someone who can assist part time with the day to day running of administration. The successful candidate will be required 4 days per week, (approximately 30 hours), be ready to perform general office duties, interacting with members and assisting them with enquiries and bookings, telephone and email support, while maintaining professional and high standards at all times. We are looking for someone who is energetic, reliable, resilient has a 'can do' attitude, a friendly manner and is well groomed to join our team.
Please note that due to the high number of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Greeting members and directing guests
- General office administration tasks
- Assist with member communications
- Opening and sorting of mail.
- Support bookings for events and other functions using specialised software programs
- Answering and directing phone calls
- Running errands - own car & licence required
- Email correspondence
- Producing documents using Word/Publisher/Excel/Office
- Assist in the preparation of regular scheduled reports
- Maintain contact lists
- Manage lunch/dinner/function bookings accurately
- Manage accommodation bookings
- Assist administration staff
- Daily banking procedures
- Enthusiasm to learn new tasks
Skills and experience
- Administration experience, hospitality background an advantage
- Friendly and hospitable personality
- Strong organisation skills
- Ready to work as part of a team
- Can do attitude and ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to take instruction from senior staff
- Strong work ethic, reliable & honest
- Problem solving skills
Job benefits and perks
- City location
- Close to public transport
- Onsite staff parking provided most days
- Staff meal provided
- Staff discount on wine/beverage list
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?