Advertiser: Te Pae Christchurch Convention CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jun 2019
- Canterbury, Christchurch
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Communications
Opening in October 2020, Te Pae Christchurch is a world class convention centre, centrally located in the heart of Christchurch, the gateway to the magnificent South Island of New Zealand.
Te Pae is proudly managed by AEG Ogden, Asia Pacific’s leading venue management company and one of the world’s premier convention and exhibition management specialists. An exciting opportunity to be a part of Te Pae’s pre-opening team is now available.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will strategise, plan, develop and execute campaigns with the goal to engage customers and stakeholders through all forms of communication channels. The visibility of Te Pae and its activities will be prominent both locally, nationally and internationally.
You will also nurture a culture that delivers service excellence, high quality standards and values of manaakitanga, providing our clients an experience like no other.
The successful candidate will require:
- Previous experience in communications, preferably in a senior role
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing communications strategies within International, National and Local markets
- Experience in covering all forms of print, digital and social media including preparation of media releases, speeches, marketing and promotional material
- Proven capability in coordinating the management of websites and content management
- Experience in building relationships with stakeholders and customers both internal and external, through communications activities
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting tight deadlines and ability to flex across work areas and tasks
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team with professionalism and enthusiasm
- Experience in pre-opening in a hospitality or convention & exhibition facility is highly advantageous.
The role requires flexible working hours, the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applicants must have New Zealand residency or permanent residency status. The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal History Check.
If you meet the above criteria and want to be part of this exciting pre-opening opportunity with a world class convention centre in the heart of Christchurch, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close 5pm 1 July 2019.
AEG Ogden is part of AEG Facilities of the United States, a division of AEG, the world’s leading sports and entertainment company.
AEG Ogden manages venues throughout the Asia Pacific and Middle East, including Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, Cairns Convention Centre, Te Pae Christchurch (opening 2020), Darwin Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Oman Convention & Exhibition Centre, and ICC Sydney; Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane; and arenas in Brisbane, Sydney, Newcastle, Perth, and Dubai (opening mid-2019). AEG Ogden is also progressing the new Brisbane Live arena and entertainment precinct for Brisbane. More information aegogden.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?