Advertiser: Baxters Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jun 2019
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Competitive salary
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
About the opportunity
Baxters are Australia's most respected distributor of auto electrical parts into the heavy-duty, fleet, mining and industrial markets. We also supply original equipment (OE) to many of Australia's heavy vehicle manufacturers.We have 40 years' experience and represent some of the industry's leading brands as well as design and develop electrical solutions for end users.
We are seeking an experienced Storeperson to join our amazing company. Aside from normal warehouse duties, a key component of the position is the picking, packing and invoicing of time-sensitive orders for our customers.
The ability to work in this type of fast-paced and high-pressure environment will be looked upon very favourably.
Duties & responsibilities
- General warehouse work
- Picking & packing or customer orders and branch replenishment stock
- Packing small orders and liaising with couriers
- General computer skills
- Some heavy lifting and manual handling
- General housekeeping
- Booking freight pickups
- Repacking and labelling stock
- Other ad-hoc tasks
Skills & experience
- A valid Australian Driver's Licence
- Be a team player with ability to work independently
- Be self-motivated with good attention to detail
- Have an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Be physically fit
- Possess sound OHS Knowledge
- Have general computer knowledge
Benefits & culture
- Full training provided and on-going development opportunities
- Uniform provided
- Free Parking on site for all staff
- Caring, inclusive and supportive culture
- Amazing safety record
- Modern Equipment
- Opportunity for career growth
To express your interest in this role 'apply now' through SEEK with your resume attached.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have as a warehouse storeperson?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?