General Manager of Marine Operations
Advertiser: Australia's Oyster Coast Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jun 2019
- Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
General Manager of Marine Operations (GMMO)
Australia’s Oyster Coast Pty Ltd is the premier oyster company in Australia. We are a vertically integrated company based on the south coast of NSW, we have 45 farmer shareholders and 7 company owned farms supplying premium Rock Oyster. We process, market and distribute our product in Australia and overseas under our premium branding lines. Our company has a strong team culture, we support each other and strive for success. We are looking for likeminded people with a great attitude to join us.
The position of General Manager of Marine Operations is an executive position which reports to the CEO and is responsible for the management of the entire NSW oyster lease operations.
Your experience will demonstrate a sound knowledge of Shellfish farming. You will possess excellent communication and people management skills.
- Oversee the management of the entire NSW oyster lease operations
- Manage the re-stocking and harvest in accordance to the farm budgets.
- Oversee harvest numbers.
- Assist in expanding harvest areas.
- Managing and retention of staff.
- Reporting on farm planning and operations on a monthly basis.
- Managing of farm operations in line with financial budgets.
- Produce yearly farm budgets and forecasts.
- Assist in delivering sustainable farming systems that use best farming practices to maximise production, reduce costs and provide for long term sustainability.
- Manage, monitor, evaluate and report on farm performance
Key Selection Criteria:
- Proven Aquaculture management experience (minimum 10 years)
- Experience in strategic planning and budgeting
- Experience managing a Profit and Loss
- Experience in managing teams of staff
- Shellfish farming experience.
- Experience showing ability to report in a timely and efficient manner.
- Implementation of processes and procedures to ensure a safe and efficient working environment.
- Ability to use initiative, self-motivated with a clear focus on effective planning, time management and decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new methods, critically review and make decisions based on evidence.
- A good communicator who is comfortable with public presentations and meeting the public and other stakeholders including the local community.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel when necessary
- Current Drivers Licence – mandatory
- Current Boat Licence or ability to obtain, coxswains desired
- Computer literate using Microsoft Office software
- Commensurate with experience
AOC is an equal opportunity employer.
You must have the right to work in Australia
Please email a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 7 July at 5pm.
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- What's the largest size team you have managed?
- How many years of business development experience do you have?