Senior Process Engineer - Optics
Advertiser: Cylite Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jun 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Process Engineering
Cylite is a technology company operating at the cutting edge of medical imaging systems for ophthalmic and related markets. We are ramping production volumes and are looking for a Lead Process Engineer to join our company. The company is based in Notting Hill, Melbourne, adjacent to the Monash University Science and Technology Precinct, and provides a collaborative, friendly, and stimulating work environment.
The Role and Responsibilities:
As a pivotal member of the team, you will be responsible for:
- Design and implementation of processes that are stable, efficient, and scalable for volume production.
- Design, building, and validation of the fixtures and stations we use for assembly and test, including specifying and integrating a wide range of Optics components and instrumentation.
- Calibration and Maintenance.
- Production Automation; Business Systems Integration.
- Product Validation with an especial regard to Reliability.
- Quality Assurance: Statistical Process Control, Continuous Improvement.
- Mentoring and supervision of the Process Engineering team.
We are looking for an all-rounder, who:
- Has a Science or Engineering degree or similar, and several years of experience in a product development or manufacturing environment (any prior work with Medical Devices would be highly regarded).
- Has demonstrable prior experience with precision Optics.
- Is proficient with design tools and can confidently design opto- and electro- mechanical systems both for product and assembly stations.
- Can operate effectively within our Quality Management regime with regards to the maintenance of documentation and records.
- Pays good attention to detail.
- Is self-driven, reliable, and responsible; takes ownership.
- Can plan and prioritize effectively to meet project milestones and deadlines
- Has good oral and written communication skills; can collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members.
If you would like to apply, please forward an up to date copy of your resume with a covering letter highlighting the experience you consider relevant to the role. Please also include a clear indication of your availability to attend for interview and to start work.
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
Cylite is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity and inclusion.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a process engineer?
- What's your highest level of education?