UG Shift Supervisors (multiple positions)
Advertiser: Halls Creek Mining Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jun 2019
- Broome & Kimberley
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Operations
Pantoro Limited (ASX: PNR) is one of Australia’s newest gold producers with its 100% owned Nicolsons Gold Mine now in production. Nicolsons is part of the Halls Creek Gold Project in the Kimberly Region of Western Australia. The project provides the company with a platform for growth through the operation of its first producing gold asset, which includes an existing high-grade Mineral Resource and a 200,000 tonne per annum processing plant at the Nicolsons Mine. Pantoro is the sole manager of the project through its wholly owned subsidiary Halls Creek Mining Pty Ltd.
Nicolsons is Pantoro’s key project which went from acquisition to development in under 16 months. Pantoro has also commenced development of its second underground mining operation below the nearby existing Wagtail open pits. Regional exploration in the under explored 100% owned tenement package has delivered exciting initial results.
We currently have an opportunity for WORKING Shift Supervisors. We are seeking highly motivated individuals who will be a good team fit and contribute to the continued success and growth of the Halls Creek Mining operations.
The roles are offered on 2:2 FIFO rosters ex Perth / Darwin or Broome. The operation has excellent camp facilities in the Halls Creek town.
- West Australian Shift Supervisors Certification
- Senior First Aid certification;
- Solid knowledge of underground mining techniques and underground equipment and ideally exposure to airleg mining;
- Strong inter-personal and leadership skills with a strong team focus;
- Current Australian ‘C’ Class Driver's Licence.
- Working at Heights certification
- Dangerous Goods Security Card
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure mining operations are conducted in a safe manner and any safety issues are promptly reported to the Underground Foreman and Underground Manager;
- Ensure ore is mined efficiently to the satisfaction of all underground departments and ensuring targets are met;
- Perform the daily supervision of the working areas of the mining areas in accordance with all relevant Acts and Regulations;
- Liaise with contractors on site, ensuring their work is coordinated with the other mining activities;
- Assist in crew training and development
Please note this is a WORKING Shift Supervisor role
Only persons with a WA Supervisor Certificate of Competency & who are eligible to live and work in Australia need apply.
As part of our recruitment process you will be required to undergo a full pre-employment medical, including a drug and alcohol test plus provide a current National Police Check.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have mine site experience?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?