Assistant Product Engineer -
Advertiser: The Response CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Jun 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
We are a world leader in flow control products and precision engineered project solutions. Our products are manufactured in Eagle Farm and exported globally as well as used by leading Australian companies.
We are looking to employ a junior or up and coming mechanical engineer into the position of Assistant Product Engineer at Eagle Farm.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain design drawings and BOM's
- Work on re-engineering products and customer design validation
- Ensure Engineering policies & procedures, and ERP and PDM systems are correctly adopted in the creation and management of all product IP including design records, CAD files, BOM data and manufacturing documents;
- Attend customer sites as directed to assist the Engineers with use and performance of the Company's products and, where required, complete failure assessment, documentation of same and determine corrective action;
- Assist Engineers with preparing technical response to sales enquiries and technical evaluation of suppliers for critical manufacturing processes;
- Team member on projects, assisting with designs, creating CAD files and associated documents, and assisting with all engineering activities as directed by manager and his/her delegate
- Australian degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical design skills
- Familiar with FEA and its practice
- Competence in CAD and related standards
- Knowledge of machining or fabrication processes in manufacturing
- ERP or SAP is an advantage;
- Advanced skills in use of Parametric CAD software, with experience in SolidWorks and Autodesk preferred;
- Sound working knowledge of CAD/Drafting standards and use of numerical computation tools used in tolerance analyses
We are only considering Queensland based applicants who are citizens or permanent residents.
So if you have the right skills, qualifications and are in the early stages of your career this could be a great foundation role to build from. Apply now.