- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jun 2019
- Brisbane, Southern Suburbs & Logan
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
About Autism Queensland
Autism Queensland provides specialised education, therapy and support services for people of all ages with ASD and their families. Further information can be found at www.autismqld.com.au.
About the Role
We are searching for the best of the best when it comes to our Lifestyle Support Workers. A person centred approach is a must in this role as you work alongside other like minded team members to ensure our clients live their best life possible.
We are recruiting for a number of Lifestyle Support Workers who are able to work across various locations including Ipswich, Bayside, southern and northern suburbs of Brisbane, and the Gold Coast, and who are ideally available for 24/7 rostered shifts. These positions are being offered on a permanent part-time basis. These positions are responsible for providing quality accommodation and community access services to adults and children with Autism.
Clients have complex care requirements so these positions are best suited to qualified, professional support workers. We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated experience in similar roles. Candidates who have experience in the development and implementation of Positive Behaviour Support plans will be highly regarded.
To access the Position Description, please visit the Work With Us page on our website - www.autismqld.com.au/page/workwithus.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a safe secure, healthy & hygienic home environment for our clients
- Develop & maintain positive, respectful relationships with clients
- Support clients in the development of positive & valid community relationships
- Support clients in managing activities that form part of their daily living
- Complete relevant documentation to a high standard
Skills & Experience
Certificate III or IV in Disability Services & relevant work experience
Proven interest in & willingness to promote the independence & social inclusion of clients in supported accommodation
Knowledge and understanding of Human Service Quality Standards
Literacy & numeracy skills sufficient to support documentation requirements & client needs including administration of medication & management of personal finances
Experience in the development and implementation of Positive Behaviour Support plans
In possession of, or willing to obtain relevant criminal history screening cards (Blue, Yellow cards) as required by legislation.
Open Driver's license and access to own vehicle
Willingness to travel to services in Ipswich, Bayside and southern suburbs of Brisbane
Culture & Benefits
Autism Queensland is an inspiring, caring and fun place to work with supportive, passionate and friendly colleagues and leaders who value your contribution and share your commitment to achieving work-life balance. Your work will be both challenging and rewarding and you will find scope and support for personal as well as professional development. You'll also enjoy the financial benefits of our generous salary sacrificing program!
How To Apply
If this position is of interest, please apply asap! Please follow the instructions to apply via Seek. Your application should include:
1. A cover letter outlining your suitability for this position;
2. A current CV / resume with contact details of at least two referees (who will only be contacted with your explicit consent following interview);
3. Details of current professional registration, Blue Card or Yellow Card if/as relevant.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have prior experience as a disability support worker?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?