Advertiser: Australian Age of DinosaursMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jun 2019
- Northern QLD
- $35 - $49.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
About the business
The Australian Age of Dinosaurs Museum of Natural History is a not-for-profit museum based in Winton, regional Queensland. Its purpose is to discover, prepare, interpret and display dinosaur fossils and tell the story of Australia's natural history. The Museum is dedicated to delivering a world-class attraction that educates and inspires its visitors, providing them with a unique Australian experience. AAOD has the world's biggest collection of Australia's largest dinosaur fossils and the most productive fossil preparation laboratory in the Southern Hemisphere. The Museum is open six days a week from October to March (Summer Hours) and seven days a week from April to October (Winter Hours) excluding Christmas and Boxing Days.
About the role
Manage Museum finances by
- Taking full responsibility for the Museum's financial compliance and safety at all times
- Ensuring that all existing financial policies, procedures and practices, including the Cash Handling Policy & Procedures and the Delegations Policy, are complied with at all times
- Agreeing with the Executive Chairman on priorities for developing additional financial policies and procedures and taking responsibility for their preparation and implementation
- Managing all incoming money and ensuring it is banked and correctly accounted for
- Ensuring all receipts are issued for donations, tagged donations are tracked and donations are held and expended correctly
- Ensuring creditors are paid in a timely and accurate manner
- Managing and reporting on debtor invoices, including invoices for group tours and functions and ensuring all payments are received in a timely manner
- Preparing and entering necessary journals into the general ledger
- Liaising with the Dig Co-ordinator to ensure monies are collected and deposited for digs
- Undertaking credit checks on all new clients and completing and arranging execution of credit applications
- Monitoring aged creditors and debtors and following up where necessary
- Ensuring all ATO returns, eg PAYG, GST and BAS, are prepared accurately and filed on time...
Benefits and perks
For the right applicant a work-from-home solution is available. A commute to Winton once a month or as discussed upon recruitment may also be required.
Skills and experience
- In-depth working knowledge of MYOB Account Right and MYOB Retail Manager required
- In-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- In depth working knowledge of accounts payable invoice and payment processing
- In-depth working knowledge of accounts receivable invoicing and receipt processing
- Working knowledge of budgeting, general ledger accounting, journal processing and general ledger reconciliations
- Working knowledge of P&L, balance sheet and cash flow generation
- Working knowledge of PAYG, GST and BAS statements
- Working knowledge of work health and safety legislation and good practice
- Working knowledge of HR procedures including recruitment, employment and termination processes and payroll
- Accounting-related qualification well regarded
- Business management qualification well-regarded
- Experience managing in a not-for-profit environment, particularly a museum or tourist attraction (well-regarded but not essential)
- Experience in understanding and interpreting financial results
- Experience in report writing, project development, presenting to board members
- Experience in payroll processing
- Experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Experience preparing P&Ls, balance sheets and cashflow forecasts
- Experience preparing and presenting budgets
- Experience using MYOB Account Right
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?
- Do you have reconciliations experience?