Referee Operations and Education Coordinator
Advertiser: Football VictoriaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jun 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Management
Football Victoria (FV) is the governing body for football in Victoria.
We are recognised as the organisation responsible for the administration, promotion and delivery of football and futsal (indoor football) in the state by both the State and Federal Governments, as well as Football Federation Australia (FFA).
Our funding derives from membership and club affiliation fees, government grants and corporate sponsorship.
Through the national body's affiliation with FIFA (Federation of International Football Associations), we look after everything football in Victoria including:
- semi-professional ranks
- women and girls
FV are committed to providing a quality service to the broad community with integrity and professional excellence. Through open communications and a dedication to equal opportunity, our vision is to be the most outstanding sporting body in Australia, leading to success in the world game.
FV are a not for profit sporting organisation run by a Board of Directors, elected by football stakeholders made up of Zone Representatives and Standing Committees. We reinvest any money generated by the game in a financially prudent manner, prioritising in providing more coaching, education, facilities, support and participation opportunities to the community and our partners back to where it is needed most.
We currently employ over 60 staff to deliver on the recently released FV Strategic Plan (“FootbALLways”) and administration of weekly football matches, producing annual football fixtures and appropriate rules of competition. Referees are also appointed to these matches to facilitate a safer and more enjoyable participation experience.
We also deliver education programs and resources to talented players, coaches, referees and club volunteers while promoting the game through various channels, keeping our members informed regularly through a dedicated communications program.
How we play:
RESPECT (Valuing all), INTEGRITY (Doing the right thing), LEADERSHIP (Inspiring vision of the future), INCLUSION (Together we are stronger), UNITY (United for the good of the world game)
This role is responsible for the coordination of referee registrations, introductory referee courses, referee training programs, referee appointments for Football Victoria sanctioned matches and liaising with the referee branch management teams on behalf of Football Victoria.
Your duties and responsibilities are not limited to and will include:
- Coordinating the referee registration processes
- Issuing reports to Branch Appointment Officers (BAO’s) and Branch Management Teams
- Engaging with and including new referees in appropriate panels
- Appointing Referees for social matches, community events and tournaments in conjunction with BAO’s
- Coordinating school match appointments centrally and in conjunction with BAO’s
- Liaising with BAO’s to appoint new referees to senior appointments
- Providing match reports from referees to other departments as required
- Scheduling referee courses
- Administering the Referee Green Shirt Program in conjunction with referee branches
- Developing, administering and delivering referee development programs and training days
- Administering referee accreditation through the Qualification Management System (QMS)
- Providing RefHQ newsletter and other updates to the referees group
- Liaising with Football Victoria’s Communications team on promotion and development of web stories, electronic and social media communications
The ability to use initiative and forward plan is mandatory. Additionally, the preparedness to work weekends and non-traditional hours will at times be required for this role.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- General knowledge of The World Game, with interest in the Laws of the Game and the role of the Referee
- Excellent data entry skills
- Highly polished customer service skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Experience dealing with a diverse community
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficiency in the MS suite of programs
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Drivers Licence
Here at Football Victoria, we offer a flexible working environment, not because we must but because it is the right thing to do. We are used to operating non-traditional hours in this industry, so if you are an exceptional performer with a well-respected profile and want to structure this opportunity in a way to suit you, let’s talk.
Should the above be of interest to you, please submit a covering letter and Curriculum Vitae to: Nina Azzopardi, Executive Manager People – Nina.Azzopardi@footballvictoria.com.au
Applications close 5pm Friday 21 June 2019. Please note that interviews may commence prior to the closing date so please do not delay submitting your expression should this be of interest to you. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Only permanent residents of Australia with full working rights will be considered for this role.
Recruitment agencies, we appreciate your interest however request you not contact us regarding this opportunity.
FV is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from all underrepresented groups including Females, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island people, those with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?