- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jun 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
- Interested in joining a professional sports organisation?
- Love being extremely organised and diligent, and thrive on challenge and deadlines?
This essential role with Wests Tigers NRL is responsible to manage the Accounts Receivable function and Month End Balance Sheet Reconciliations, whilst providing general support to the Finance and business teams.
- Maintenance of the Accounts Receivable ledger and all associated processes and documentation
- Ensures invoices are issued on time and posted correctly to the General Ledger
- Ownership of debtor maintenance including chasing overdue debts
- Processes and records card payments
- Month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Generate and post all journals to the Genera Ledger
- Fixed Asset Register maintenance
- Cash Management
- Assists in Month End close procedures
- Adheres to Financial Policies and Procedures
- Maintains files and documentation
This position is integral to the smooth operation of our Finance Department and reports directly to the Financial Controller.
- Previous 3+ years' experience in a similar role or relevant Financial experience ideally in a sports or not for profit environment
- Qualified or part qualified Accountant - CA or CPA preferred
- Sound Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint and Excel Skills
- Exceptional organisational, planning and time management skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Microsoft Dynamics GP knowledge a distinct advantage
- Must demonstrate an ability to work to tight deadlines in a changing environment
- Strong analytical skills
APPLICATIONS CLOSE WEDNESDAY JUNE 19TH
Wests Tigers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a smoke free workplace. Only applicants with full rights to work in Australia will be considered.
We value the support and involvement of our local Aboriginal community. People of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?