IT Security Advisor
Advertiser: Informatech Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jun 2019
- Work Type
- Information & Communication Technology, Security
About the business
As a specialist company, Informatech has a reputation for hiring only the best people in the industry and providing regular professional development to ensure they remain at the forefront of their discipline. As a result, Informatech maintains a workforce of highly skilled, qualifed, and security cleared professionals with experience on a variety of large and complex projects spanning both the public and private sectors.
About the role
We are looking for an IT Security Advisor to provide both strategic and technical advice to one of the smaller government agencies.
This is a new role for the agency, and they are seeking to improve their overall security posture by both aligning to government policy and defining and implementing technical solutions to achieve these. Note: you will not personally be required to implement the policies, this will be done by a team of technical staff.
The agency is willing to consider a wide range of applications varying from experienced ITSA's through to more junior security people who have ambition and have some demonstrated experience in Information Security.
Regardless of your level of previous experience, this role will require an ambitious person with a passion for Information Security. You will need to be able to communicate effectively with managers and with technical resources, both written and verbally. In addition to these, you should also have:
- Experience with typical security documents such as Statement of Applicability, Security Risk Management Plan, Threat and Risk Assessment, Cyber Security Incident Response Plan, etc.
- Knowledge of the Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF)
- Knowledge of the Information Security Manual (ISM).
Certification in one of the following will be beneficial: CISSP, CISM, CISA or some other related certificate.
You must hold an active (or reinstatable) Australian Government Security Clearance to be eligible for this role. Baseline minimum, NV1 preferred.
Though not an exhaustive list, typical duties will involve:
- Ensuring systems are protected against unauthorised access or compromise.
- Ensuring Information in electronic form is stored, processed and communicated in accordance with the law and Australian Government policies
- Developing and updating IT security documentation and providing reports for stakeholders
- Conducting reviews and investigations, as appropriate.
Salary/Rate is negotiable and is dependent on skills and experience.
If you fit the bill and are interested submit your CV and we'll get back to you ASAP. Don't be shy - we are casting a wide net so we can see candidates with a variety of skills and experience.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you hold Australian Security Clearance?