Function and Events Manager
Advertiser: Loft Byron BayMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jun 2019
- Lismore & Far North Coast
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Marketing & Communications, Event Management
Loft Byron Bay has a newly created role for a Part-time Function and Events Manager to join our team! With a prime location on Jonson Street featuring beach views and a brand-new venue fit out, this is an opportunity to join a dynamic team in an exciting, high pressure environment with a great focus on teamwork. Our venue has an amazing cocktail bar, European inspired modern Australian food, all within a stunning, warm, & beachy environment.
About the Role:
The Functions and Events Manager is our first point of call for anything related to the Events side of the business, so we are looking for a self-motivated, passionate and creative individual for the role. We expect that within this position you will be focused on delivering the best experience to all potential and current clients. This is a chance to make the role your own and to utilise your skills and knowledge within the industry to identify gaps and trends in the market to maximise on bookings.
- Professionally and promptly responding to all inquiries (email, phone etc)
- Accurately qualify each lead for appropriate offerings, budgets and spaces within the venue
- Manage events from the initial enquiry all the way through to the handover for delivery
- Lead client walkthroughs and site inspections
- Prepare detailed function and event documentation to ensure clarity for all management team members and staff involved
- Build and maintain relationship with clients to ensure repeat business
- Liaise with Management Team and Owner to follow through on key promotions and marketing initiatives that link with events.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar Event Management role
- Passionate, logical and organised
- Unwavering desire for delivering an exceptional and professional experience for every client.
- The ability to convert inquiry to bookings
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Australian Citizenship or be a Permanent Resident
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for then we would love to hear from you! Please send a copy of your Cover Letter and CV to; email@example.com
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in event management?