Project Architect - Residential Custom Homes - MelbournePrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jun 2019
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Architecture
About the business and the role
Our history is borne out of the merging of the two worlds of architecture and construction. Our designs are intelligent, creative and highly practical. Our one-of-a-kind homes are underpinned by our commitment to the principles of creativity, accountability, integrity and transparency, which makes us one of the leading custom designed home builders in Melbourne.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Due to continued growth we are looking to appoint an additional Project Architect. In this pivotal role you will work with our Architectural Director to create a dream home for each client. Not only that, you will benefit from being able to see the project through to handover. More than that this is a role suited to someone who really wants to become part of a business long term.
Skills and experience
- The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of building process, materials, detailing and sustainable systems
- Have a minimum of 4 years experience working as a registered architect in Australia
- As a good all-rounder, where necessary you will work directly with clients from initial concept/brief through to build, prepare planning applications, liaise with Councils and mediate confidently to deliver the desired outcome
- A keen focus on residential architecture
- Creativity + skills in design
- Strong ability to effectively present and communicate design
- Excellent ArchiCAD skills would be a distinct advantage
- You'll be a quick learner who's able to pick new software and processes up quickly
- A knowledge of BCA and Town Planning codes is vital with a focus on Victorian-based projects
- Construction detailing
- Residential Construction knowledge
- Good work ethic and enthusiasm for team collaboration
- A personal commitment to professional development and team development both within outside of company initiatives
Job benefits and perks
The right person for this position will be one who views this as more than just a job. This will be a long term career move. You'll benefit from working for a business who has a clear route mapped out for this person in terms of progression and promotion. Hard work, commitment and loyalty will be rewarded.
Salary will be commensurate to experience.
- Have you completed a qualification in architecture?